0.7: Want You Back

Want You Back by 5 Seconds Of Summer

Duff's P.O.V

It's been a whole week since I've seen Henley. Steven's seen her, but since we made up he won't let her near me. After all that trouble he went through to get us to be friends again, now he wants me to stay away from her. How does that make any sense?

I need to talk to her anyway. I know this is stupid of me to do, but I need to at least try to get her back. I bite down on my lip as I look up at huge apartment building. It's gotta be at least twelve or thirteen stories. The Henley I know wouldn't want a large luxurious flat. She'd be perfectly fine with a tiny one in a shitty part of town. Just like the one in Seattle.

I take out my wallet. I carry the picture of her in that red dress with me at all times. It calms me. Especially during one of my panic attacks. Of course it's not the same as having Henley in person to calm me like she used to. It's been hell without her.

Should I go up to her? What if Savage is home? What if she doesn't want to see me? What if-?

"Duff?" I hear her angelic voice from behind me. I quickly put up the picture and stuff the wallet in my pants. I turn around and smile at her. "What are you doing here?" Her eyes flick up to where her apartment is. I guess her boyfriend is home.

I sigh. "I just had to see you, Gorgeous. I need to talk to you."

She frowns. I can tell that she's thinking hard about something. She gently bites down on the inside of her cheek. You wouldn't be able to notice it if you didn't know what to look for. However, I know her well enough to know that's what she does when she's thinking.

"Do you want to come up to my apartment then?"

I nearly let the shock I feel cover my face. I frown at her. There's only one reason she wouldn't make me beg to go up to her apartment.

"He's not home, is he?"

Henley almost looks ashamed. She shakes her head. "He's gonna be gone for a month or so. He went to England so that him and the boys can start on their new album."

I feel a sense of relief roll over me. He won't be in the way then. "You didn't want to go with him?"

She shakes her head, her hair falling in her face. "Normally I would, but I'm trying to write music for my own band."

"I didn't know that you write music."

Henley smiles. "I didn't use to." I can tell old memories are flashing before her eyes. "Then I spent time at the Crüe house and I shared a room with Nikki for a bit. Angel and I would switch off every once in a while."

Jealousy immediately spreads through me like a wildfire. Did she fuck him?

"Why would you share a room with that manwhore?"

Immediately after those words left my lips, a loud slap sound is made and a stinging sensation rises in my cheek. I reach up, holding my cheek while I look at her with a shocked expression.

"Don't. You. Ever. Talk about my best friends like that. They were there for me while I was crying over your dumb ass."

I just nod, not able to speak. I never thought that she would hit me. I guess she has changed. She's not even apologizing.

"Let's just go up to your apartment, okay?"

Henley nods, leading the way. After a short elevator ride, we end up in front of her apartment door. She unlocks it. She pushes open the door to reveal a rather cozy living room. Scattered about the room are guitars and books. An obvious sign that Henley spends most of her time in this room. The only signs that another person lives here are the ugly shirts thrown around. And there's only one bass.

I guess Henley just has a thing for bass players.

She moves a pile of shirts from the couch so that I'd have a place to sit. Everything about this apartment just screams Henley. It's not nearly as fancy as I originally thought. It's subtle.

She sits down and smiles at me. "You can sit, y'know. That's why I moved Sav's shirts."

I do as she says, not knowing exactly what to say anymore. Should I even try to get her back? Will she just kick me out?

I pick up one of Savage's shirts. I scrunch my nose up at it. "He likes button-ups, doesn't he?" I roll my eyes with a scoff. "Not very rock n roll."

I can practically see Henley's eyes roll. "You didn't come here to critique my boyfriend's wardrobe choices. Why are you here, Duff?"

I nearly smile. She used my nickname instead of Michael. "I-uh-wanted to tell you something very, very important."

"Okay," She says, her eyebrows furrowing. She's skeptical.

"It's a very important thing, you see? It's something that has been on my mind for a long ass time, and it's just constantly been bothering me. I know that you'll either throw me out or accept it. I just don't want you to never talk to me again because if that happened I don't know what I'd do-."

"You're rambling, Michael." Damn. Real name again. "That means you're very nervous. I promise I won't be mad or throw you out, or anything like that. You have my word."

I nod my head, my eyes drifting down to the coffee table. I have to tell her. You've gotten this far, McKagan. It's time for you to finish this "I want you back, Hennie. I'm always gonna want you back." I don't chance a look at her. I don't want to see how upset she is. I just majorly fucked up.

The room is quiet. No sounds are heard other than Henley's labored breathing. She's either crying or getting very angry. I bite down on my lip. She hates me.

"Why."

I look up at her, surprised that she actually said anything. I thought she'd kick me out. "What?"

"I asked why," She says simply. Henley keeps her focus on the ground in front of her. "You see that I'm happy. You see that I finally forgot about everything you put me through. You see that I'm finally in a healthy relationship where I'm happy. Why do you want to ruin that? Why do you want me to be unhappy?"

"Henley, that's not it-."

Henley stands up suddenly. "Then what is it, Duff? Do you just enjoy watching me cry? Do you enjoy watching me fall apart? Do you just want to hurt me?"

"No!" I stand up, getting chest to chest with her. "Why would I want that for the only girl I've ever loved? How does that make any sense, Henley?"

"You never loved me!" She screams. "You only used me for sex, then when you got bored you found something else to keep you entertained! Why bother telling me all of that shit!"

"That's bullshit and you know it!" I yell. I hate that I'm getting so mad. "And I told you this because I want you to leave that jerk! I want you to be with me! I'm the one that's supposed to be taking you on tour with me. I'm the one you're supposed to wake up to in the morning. I'm the one you're supposed to take to hang out with Tommy and his band. That's supposed to be me that you have locked up in your heart and goddammit Henley I love you so fucking much!"

Without thinking, I swoop in and kiss her hard on the lips. She only kisses back for a second before pushing me away from her. I see her fist draw back, and then a collision with my nose happens.

"Get the fuck out!" Henley screams at me.

I do as told, holding my nose. I feel the blood, slick between my fingers. I close her apartment door behind me. Now she really doesn't want to be near me. What the fuck have I done?