0.8: I'll Get You Back

One That I Want by Public

Henley's P.O.V

Duff kissed me.

Duff kissed me.

Duff kissed me.

DUFF FUCKING KISSED ME!

And I fucking liked it!

How am I supposed to explain this to Sav? I love Sav. I love him a lot. I can't let one stupid kiss by an idiot ruin the great thing Sav and I have going. I can't let Duff lure me in again. My heart is one hundred percent wrong on this one. And normally I do whatever it tells me to.

I sit down on the couch, feeling a huge headache starting to come on. I rest my head in my hands, trying my best to soothe this headache. God, this is way too much to think about. I can't hurt Sav. I can't let this ruin anything. My head snaps up at the sound of the phone ringing. I sigh. Why'd we put the phone in the kitchen? That's way too far.

I get up, feeling as if I'm about to fall to the ground. I groan and shake my head. I can't let this overwhelm me. I take the phone off of its hook on the wall.

"Hullo?"

"Henley, you need to get down to the parking lot right now," My apartment manager says into the receiver.

I sigh again, rubbing the bridge of my nose. "Why?"

"Your friends are down there beating the shit out of some fucking tall blonde dude."

I immediately put the phone back where it belongs. Fuck! Why did Tommy and the guys decide to come over now?

I run out of the apartment, opting to take the stairs instead of the elevator. The elevator is going to take way too fucking long and I have too much adrenaline pumping to stand still in an elevator. I burst out of the stairwell, nearly knocking down some elderly couple that probably are here to see their grandchild. Huh, they look familiar.

I sprint out of the building, casually screaming "I'm going to puke" to random passerby's so that I can get out of the crowded building fast. I finally spot Nikki and Tommy. I don't see Mick or Vince, which is probably a good thing. I hear screaming, and Duff's voice. A ring of people have gathered around them. Nikki and Tommy seem to not have any wounds. When Duff finally comes into view, however, he looks to be almost dead.

His blonde hair is matted to the side of his face. Blood pours from his nose from where I punched him. Immediate regret runs through me. I shouldn't have punched him like that. A bruise forms on his cheek. His lip is split, as well as his eyebrow. His eye is starting to swell shut. Two against one isn't a fair fight whatsoever. Duff lays on the ground, just staring up at the two dark haired idiots. Tommy takes another step forward. I can't let Duff get hurt anymore.

"Tommy Fucking Lee," I say in a low growl. The entire attention of the crowd, as well as the three morons in the circle, is turned onto me. "Frank Fucking Feranna. Get the hell away from him."

Nikki starts to advance on me at the sound of his real name. He pulls back his fist once he's chest to chest with me. I don't cower away like he expects me to. Like he wants me to. I stand my ground and look this stupid fucker in the eye.

"Do it," I say. "I fucking dare you."

Almost immediately he realizes who I am. Who he almost punched. He looks almost ashamed of himself.

"I'm sorry, Henley," Nikki says quietly, looking down at his feet.

"Get the fuck out of my way, Nik," I say. Nikki steps out of my way, his gaze never leaving the pavement of the parking lot. "And you." I point to the tall man I call my best friend. "You're gonna help me get Duff up to my apartment and cleaned up, then you're gonna tell me why the fuck you'd be so stupid."

Tommy doesn't say a word. He only nods, and walks over to the beaten bassist. I cringe as Duff cowers away from the drummer. God, what the fuck did they do to him?

I walk over and take one of Duff's arms around my shoulders. He puts most of his weight on me, though I can tell he's trying not to. Tommy gets his other side, which takes some weight off. We make our way back up to my apartment. This time I take the elevator. Once we arrive at my apartment, we set Duff down onto the couch. He made a small whimper of protest which nearly crushed my heart. He sounds so helpless.

I don't say a word to Tommy, and he doesn't pressure me to speak. I am way too mad at that dumb ass right now. Just because I punched Duff, does not mean that anyone else can. I grab some rags from underneath the sink in the bathroom. I also grabbed some bandages and gauze while I was in there. I then made my way into the kitchen to grab a bowl. I fill that with water and hum the song that I'm currently working on.

I walk back to the couch. I can feel Tommy's eyes on me the entire time. I sit down next to the battered bassist and start to clean his wounds carefully. He winces as I dab the cut on his lip. After I finish bandaging him up, he looks up and smiles at me. What a cocky bastard.

"What?" I ask, picking up the bloody rags and the bowl of bloody water.

He coughs a bit, but continues to smile. "You always seem to bandage me up after a fight."

Without thinking about it I smile at him and my hand reaches up to finger the key necklace resting on my chest. "I'm sorry for earlier."

Duff slightly shakes his head. "I deserved it. I shouldn't have kissed you. I knew better."

"You fucking what?!" Tommy screams at him.

I turn on my heel to look at my best friend. "Shut up, Thomas! Get the fuck in the bedroom right now!"

Tommy drops his head, looking ashamed. I've never yelled at him this much before. Not in an angry way, at least.

I sit next to Duff one last time. "You're gonna stay here for a little bit, okay? I'll call Steven as soon as I get done yelling at Tommy."

"Thank you, Gorgeous."

I don't say anything. I just get up and walk into the bedroom. I glare at the drummer that sits on my bed. I shut the door behind me, walking to stand in front of Tommy. I cross my arms. I hate to yell at him, but he can't just beat people up!

"What the fuck were you thinking?" I growl. Tommy just shakes his head. "Just because he hurt me does not mean every single fucking time you see him you have to beat him up! I forgave him, Tommy. I don't hate him like I did. I believe that he's changed." That's a lie. I know he hasn't changed. Just based on the fact that he kissed me, means that he's still the impulsive man I knew all those years ago.

"I saw that his nose was bleeding from a punch. He was coming back from your apartment. I put two and two together. You obviously punched him, and I wanted to finish whatever you had started."

I roll my eyes. "Yes I punched him, but that doesn't give you the right to do that, Tommy! I had it handled. He was going to leave!"

"Why'd you punch him, anyway?" Tommy asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"He kissed me."

"Are you going to tell Sav?"

I bite down on my lip. My gaze drops to the floor. "I don't know."

"Do you still have feelings for him?"

"I don't know."

"Henley, I love you to the moon and back, but this is ridiculous. Even I know who the right choice is," Tommy says.

I nod my head. "I know. And you're right. Sav is the one for me."

Tommy smiles, and leaves. I hear the apartment door shut. I take that as my cue to leave. I walk out into the living room, spotting Duff who's sitting up. He looks up at me with a sad expression. He looks so beat up which makes my heart hurt.

I sit down beside him.

"I'm just letting you know that I will stop at nothing to get you back, Henley. I will get you back."