1.3: The Truth

Lover Of Mine by 5 Seconds Of Summer

Henley's P.O.V

The past month has been rather peaceful. I've had no more love declarations from Duff, Tommy has been keeping to himself, and Madeline has moved in. I have to say, she's definitely grown up a lot. She's not as impulsive as she used to be. Now it's me dragging her out. I've been trying my best to reestablish the bond my band once had, so I've been going over to their houses or inviting everyone over to mine. Each time I made sure that Madeline socialized with them. And I think she has a crush on Jack. I really don't know if he returns her feelings, though. Jack has always been very reserved and never shows his feelings. However, I can tell that his long term feelings for Veronica are finally fading. I guess he realized how much of a bitch she is. Jasper's been hanging around with all of us as well, which is a definite plus. He's a fun guy to have around. And seeing him put Veronica in her place is hilarious.

I don't know when Sav is coming back. He's been acting very distant lately. He doesn't call as often as he used to. He hurries to get off the phone. He doesn't even say 'I love you' anymore, or call me love. I'm so confused. Did I do something wrong?

"Well, I'm heading out," Madeline announces with a bright smile on her face.

I grin at her as I look over her outfit. It's definitely not nearly as sleazy as when I first saw her with Guns. She looks really nice. She has on some bell-bottom pants with a peasant blouse. I guess she's going for more of a 70's look today.

"Where you heading?" I ask, still grinning at her.

Her smile widens. "Jack asked me out on a date!"

This makes me sit up from my laying down position on the couch. "Woah, what? Really?"

"Is that a bad thing?" Her face turns from happiness to concern in a split second.

I shake my head. "No! It's great actually. The poor guy has been chasing after Veronica for ages now."

"That girl's a bitch," Madeline giggles.

I shrug. "She didn't used to be. Now she has major Lead Singer Syndrome."

Madeline nods and looks to the clock on the wall. "Well, I better head off. Don't wait up." She winks and walks out of the apartment.

I chuckle to myself, then lay back down into my upside down position. I sigh, not really knowing what to do with myself. Everyone is busy today. Brooks and Blakeley are spending the entire day by themselves. Madeline and Jack are busy for obvious reasons. Jasper said that he was busy. I didn't bother calling Veronica or Damon. I don't have the patience for either of them today. I knew that Tommy was probably busy with wedding preparations with Heather, Nikki's probably high off his ass, Mick's more than likely wallowing in his own self-pity, and Vince is doing God knows what. I have the feeling I don't want to know.

The phone rings suddenly, causing me to jump at the loud noise. I roll myself off of the couch, landing on the floor with a soft thump! I know there was an easier way to get up, but that was more fun. I scramble to my feet to rush to the phone. I knew that it was about to stop ringing. I pick up the phone, slightly out of breath. Damn, I'm out of shape.

"Hello?"

"Did you just run a marathon?" The voice chuckles.

"It sure as hell feels like it." I smile. "Anyways, what's up, Steve Clarke?"

Stephen's quiet for a few moments. "I have some bad news, and it's going to upset you. I just have to tell you because you deserve to know."

"Okay?" I say, laughing a bit. A cold shock runs through my body as I get the feeling of what he's about to say.