2.8: Patience

(A/N: I don't own the song)

Patience by Guns N' Roses

Henley's P.O.V

I walk up to the stage, pulling myself up onto it. Duff sits on the nearest amp. I try not to laugh at the Cheshire cat smile on his face. He looks like he's up to no good. This surprise had better not be him trying to have sex with me. Yes, he's a sweetheart, but he's still a guy.

I walk up to him and smile. The more I try to smile, the less it hurts. He takes my hands in his and stands up.

"Are you ready for your surprise?" He asks.

I laugh, nervously. "I guess." I stop and think for a moment. "I'll be pissed if you're just trying to have sex with me."

"You know me better than-."

"Yes I do," I cut him off. "But you're still a guy that has his. . ." I trail off, thinking of a word that won't embarrass the shit out of me. "needs."

Duff laughs at my wording, shaking his head. He brings one of my hands to his lips, kissing it softly. I blush at the contact. "It's nothing like that. I'll save that for when we get back together," He winks.

I raise an eyebrow. "Look who's Mr. Cocky? Who said I would agree to get back together with you?"

"You did."

"When?"

"Back on that stage."

I shake my head, grinning at him. "I said I'd get to know you. Not that I'd get back together with you."

He smiles, but his eyes show his uncertainty. "Believe me, this surprise will change your mind if you were having any doubts."

"Oh really?" I say.

He nods. He positions me so that I'll sit down on the amp he was originally on. He winks at me, walking over to Izzy, Steven, and Slash. They say a few words to each other. I can hear their voices, but I can't make out what their saying. Ugh the anticipation is killing me! Duff knows that I hate surprises and know he's just taunting me by making me wait. I watch as the guys run around. Steven, Slash, and Izzy grab guitars. I didn't even know that Steven could play guitar, if I'm honest. Even if I did know, I forgot. Duff had run backstage for something. The three of them pull up some crates that were laying around and started to tune the guitars. They're acoustic, might I add. Finally Duff runs from back stage, an acoustic guitar in his hands as well.

Oh my God. Did Duff write me a song?

Duff pulls up a crate as well, front and center. What the hell are these crates even for?

Duff tunes his guitar quickly, then looks back at the guys. "You ready?" They nod. He turns back to me, a huge grin on his face. "Axl didn't want to help with this surprise," He chuckles, practically reading my mind. I was wondering why Axl wasn't grabbing a guitar either. "Anyways, I wanted to impress you a lot so that you'd get back with me. However, I literally didn't know what to do. Then I realized that we both love music so that gave me the idea to write a song. And I think it's every girl's dream to have a song written about them." I feel my eyes well up with tears. He really did write me a song. "One, two, one, two, three, four." Duff starts, then the other guys start strumming on the guitars. I nearly start crying when Duff starts to sing.

"Shed a tear 'cause I'm missin' you. I'm still alright to smile,

Girl, I think 'bout you every day now,

Was a time when I wasn't sure, but you set my mind at ease,

There is no doubt you're in my heart now

Said, woman, take it slow and it'll work itself out fine,

All we need is just a little patience,

Said, sugar, make it slow and we'll come together fine,

All we need is just a little patience,

Patience,"

I can't believe Duff wrote this for me. It's so sweet and his voice is so beautiful. God, I'm still so in love with him.

"I sit here on the stairs 'cause I'd rather be alone,

If I can't have you right now, I'll wait, dear,

Sometimes I get so tense, but I can't speed up the time,

But you know, love, there's one more thing to consider.

Said, woman, take it slow and things will be just fine,

You and I'll just use a little patience,

Said, sugar, take the time 'cause the lights are shinin' bright,

You and I've got what it takes to make it,

We won't fake it, aw, I'll never break it, 'cause I can't take it.

Little patience, hm yeah,

Need a little patience, yeah

Just a little patience, yeah

Some more patience,

I've been walkin' the streets at night,

Just tryin' to get it right,

It's to see with so many around,

You know I don't like bein' stuck in the crowd,

An' the streets don't change, but maybe the names,

I ain't got time for the game 'cause I need you,

Yeah-Yeah, but I need you,

Ooh, I need you,

Oh, I need you,

Ooh this time."

I clap as the song ends, tears running down my face. I can't believe he wrote that. As my clapping dies down, everyone goes awkward. Eventually Slash makes an excuse to leave, Steven says he has to help Slash, and Izzy just straight up leaves without another word.

Duff sits his guitar next to him, looking at me expectantly. "Well? Did you like it?"

I'm frozen for a few seconds, deciding on what to do next. I decide to just go with my gut. I get up off of the amp, running over to Duff. I get into his lap and kiss him as hard as I can. He immediately melts into the kiss, his arms wrapping around my waist. My arms are around his neck. It's so fucking good to kiss him again. At least this time I didn't have to punch him.

I pull out of the kiss and hug him as tight as I can. I hear Duff chuckle in my ear. "I love you so fucking much, Michael McKagan."

Duff hugs me tighter, resting his head in the crook of my neck. His voice is muffled as he says, "I love you too, Hennie. So fucking much that there's only room in my heart for you."

I pull back to look at his face. He takes my (or should I say his) sunglasses off of my face. "I can't believe you waited for me for so long."

"I'd wait a million years if I had to, Henley. You're my one and only. I love you so goddamn much," Duff responds.

He leans in and kisses on me on the lips as hard as he can. God I missed him so much. He's my everything. I just took too long to realize that.

One day I will marry Duff McKagan.