1.1: Recording

Romeo and Juliet by The Killers

Henley's P.O.V

"Fucking finally!" A rather pissed off, British voice yells as I enter the recording studio.

I internally groan, not really wanting to start a fight with Damon at this very moment. I didn't even get to go home and sleep off this jetlag. Oh no. My big, bad manager just had to have me here asap. I really don't understand the rush. The Girls tour doesn't start until June nineteenth. Two months from now. We have plenty of time to prepare and ensure that this album will be a hit.

"Damon, I'm really not in the mood right now," I grumble to him, looking at my bandmates. They all seem relatively happy to see me. Even Veronica, who I believe actually hates me 100% of the time. "Hey guys."

"How was London?" Veronica asks, a tinge of excitement in her voice.

I chuckle, setting my bag down onto the couch. "Sheffield."

"What?" She asks, crossing her arms over her chest. I hold in a sigh. This better not start a stupid fight. I am not in the mood and I will punch a bitch.

"I actually went to Sheffield. That's where Sav's from and him and his band like to go there to write. I understand why, completely." I reach into my bag and pull out my song book. It's filled to the max with different ideas, and, more importantly, lyrics to every song that will be on the album. "I finished the album."

Silence falls onto the room. I guess they didn't expect me to write while I was in England. It's nice when I prove people wrong. Makes me feel happy.

"What?" Veronica scoffs.

I smile at her. Her bitchy demeanor showing itself to me once again. I guess she was happy to see me because she thought I had nothing to show.

"I finished writing the album. All we have to do is record it."

"What about the drum line?" Brooks asks, looking quite unsure.

Wow. My band has little to no faith in me.

"I do play the drums too. Plus, I had Rick Allen help me a bit."

"And the bass line?" Blakeley asks, her eyes full of hope that I didn't forget.

"I can play bass too, thanks to Nikki Sixx. And my boyfriend is a bassist, remember?"

Before they can speak anymore, the door to the studio bursts open.

"I thought you guys were paid to make music. Not sit around on your asses."

I know that smug tone anywhere. I turn around to see none other than Jasper Irwin, Brooks' older brother. He doesn't look any different. More pale, and his nearly bleached blonde hair is longer. To his shoulders almost.

"Hey, Jas," Blakeley greets, a smile on her face. She wraps an arm around Brooks' waist.

"Ah, the lovely couple," He says, still smiling. He turns to me. "And the gorgeous Henley."

I roll my eyes, laughing. "Don't be such a flirt, Jas." I wrap my arms around him, bringing him into a hug. He gladly accepts, laughing as he hugs back.

"And the infamous Ms. Monroe," Jasper laughs, turning his attention onto Jack. Jack only laughs, bringing him into a hug as well. Jasper finally turns his attention to Veronica. "And the whore."

Veronica flips him off, rolling her eyes. "Fuck you."

"Always nice to see you," Jas quips, rolling his eyes. "So, are you guys ready to record or not?"