Chapter 19

Naomi's POV

I was cooking in six inch heels. The shit was ridiculous. I had on no underwear. I was wearing a skin tight red dress. My hair was in a tight bun on my head with loose curls on my side burns. I was nervous moving around the kitchen.

Oliver would be home soon and I was nervous. I was going to tell him how I felt. Jada told me she would keep Oliver busy until I was done making dinner. The kitchen counter where we ate all the time. Setting up our fine china on the table. I made him his favorite dish.

Roasted chicken and garlic with string beans and mash potatoes. With a Cuban dessert called flan. I'd set up the kitchen counter where we always ate dinner. I scattered a couple candles everywhere and had them lit. Low music that we both love playing in the background. I just want everything to be perfect. So perfect that even if he didn't like me prior to dinner. He might fall in love after the dinner.

I take the chicken out the oven. The golden brown color and the scent made my mouth water. It made me grin. The green beans were on a low burn and the water for the instant mash potatoes. I chuckle to myself nervously. I needed to relax. It was just Oliver. My best friend. The one I was currently in love with. I sigh. There was a soft knock on the door and a lump formed in my throat. I clear it before taking off my apron that also matched with Oliver's when we cooked together.

   I sent a text to Jada letting her know I was finished.

I rush to the door pulling it open. It should've been Oliver and a grinning Jada. Except it was a surprised looking Finn. I resist the urge to roll my eyes.

"Hey," he said breathless. Back when I thought I loved him. The way he said that, would've done something to me. But he didn't compare to the Cuban man who stole my heart. Who had it since I met him but couldn't give it to him because of the fact I'd placed Finn on a pedestal. A pedestal that had me blind.

"Hey. So I kinda forgot you were coming. Your things are up in my room. Hold on real quick." I said. He opened his mouth like he was about to say something but I turned around without a second thought and went to grab his box from my room.

I couldn't find the fucking box. Where the hell did I put the damn thing? I needed to get him out as quick as possible. I didn't want him here when Ollie got back. Which could be at any moment. I look in my closet and I spot it kicking some shoes out true way so I could get to it.

"Was this another surprise?" He asked he was close enough to whisper in my ear. I flinch forward tripping over a loose shoe that happens to be conveniently thrown so I'd fall with my ass in the air.

        "I knew it was." He says before leaning down. I didn't have on underwear and it looks like I fell on purpose. But I didn't. Before I could make him back the fuck up or before I could get up. Oliver walks in and sees us in a compromising position.

      I push Finn away.

          "Wow. Maybe I should've knocked." Oliver mumbles before leaving out of my room slamming the door closed. I kick off my shoes.

No.

       "Get ya shit and leave." I said getting up fixing my dress.

       I walk out my room and down the stairs looking for Oliver. The front door was left open. I run straight out the door heading towards the elevator. Oliver stood inside looking right at me with so much anger it makes me pause for a second. Letting the door close. Damn I should've put on some underwear. And maybe some shoes. But it didn't matter I take the stairs.

       "Sorry if you get flashed. But I just got a wax so it's fine!" I shout running down the stairs. When I reach the first floor I run straight outside towards his car. I see his tall figure walking fast towards his vehicle.

        "Oliver. Wait. Please!" I shout after him. He keeps walking away. I run faster. Either he was gonna stop or I was gonna jump on his back. Which would be bad. Because I don't have on any underwear.

          "Ollie!" I shout again and he turns around. I make a complete stop and walk towards. I was tired as hell.

         "Why should I wait? Huh? So you can tell me that it's not what I think? Isn't that why they all say except it turns out to be exactly what it looked like? No thanks." He says. And I stand there kind of surprised.

            "Except it's really not what you think." I say slowly trying to catch my breath. Jeez. He scoffs and folds his arms across his chest.

           "You know what. I don't care. I don't care what you do, or who you do it with. I mean I shouldn't be surprised really, because as soon as you guys broke up you tried to find any bed to climb into. I don't know why I thought we almost could've had something." He says. It felt like a punch in the gut. Was he serious?

        "Oliver you slept with half of the girls on campus." I say.

            "I wasn't fresh out of a relationship. And I wasn't dry humping every guy who came to pass like a horny dog." He says. His words slicing into me like he'd thrown a thousand knives into my skin. I just stare at him and he continues.

          "I don't know what I thought anyways. You were the biggest slut before him anyway. So of course you sleep around with me just to go crawling back to a dude who left you sexually frustrated anyway!" He says. And I blink back tears.

         "You get all dolled up for the guy and want to chase after me looking so... fucking pitiful. It's pathetic really." He says and I couldn't take it anymore. I let my hand contact with his face. The sound echoing a little.

            "Trumpet." I say. Remembering the day we made the rules. Feeling my heart break because I didn't think I'd ever have to use it. That we would be fine. I would tell him how I felt and maybe even got him to fall in love with me too. But that path is long gone. I never knew he could be such an asshole.

     His face drops. I mean what did he think would happen?

          "I'll leave. You stay. It's your apartment anyway. And I don't need a partner for the showcase. I'll turn it to a solo. I don't think I ever want to see you again." I say before turning on my heels going back to our apartment packing up and leaving.