Chapter 21

Naomi's POV

I walk in. The house was a mess. Things had been thrown. That much I could tell. But I didn't linger too long as I took the stairs two at a time. Should I shower? Today was Friday and I didn't actually want to run into Oliver. Most Friday's he was busy with Jam or any of his other friends.

But would he be busy today? He would be drinking and probably flirting with girls. I needed a shower. To get all the sweat and scum off my body and hair. So that's what I did and I did it quickly. Because I needed to blow dry my hair so that I didn't catch a cold.

I blow dry my hair and throw on a crop top hoodie and jogging pants. Before shoving some more clothes into a duffle bag. I sigh heavily when I hear the front door close. Shit. Shit. Shit.

What do I do? Do I hide? Should I hide? I start to panic mentally. Heart pounding painfully in my chest. I don't want to see him. I can't do this. I don't want to do this. I lied to Jada, I can't talk to him right now. I hear the keys rattle and I start trying to look busy. He walks up the stairs slowly. I run towards my closet. I'll probably just hide. But I trip over the same shoe as before and fall. Loudly.

Why the fuck does my shoe hate me?! What do I do now? I know I fell loud enough to let him know I was here. Or at least for him to think someone was here. In my room. I quickly stand grab another bag from the floor. I didn't even know whose bag it was and started to grab more close putting them inside.

There was a soft knock on the door. I hold my breath. There was no avoiding this. I couldn't even pretend that I wasn't here. There was no running away from this. I hold my breath when he pushes the door open. At first there's this tension. Unbearable tension and I couldn't think of one word to say. He was my best friend. Wasn't he? Right? I said the safe word which meant everything was supposed to go back to where we started.

We were best friends. The inseparable kind. It's a shame for this to be the end of us. My stomach churned at the thought of never seeing him again. Or hearing his voice.

        "Come in." I say softly. I was in the verge of tears. Because all of this hurt like a bitch and I wish it were different.

        "Hi." He says when he opens the door and I smile softly.
"Hey."

"How are you?" He asks. I nod my head slightly putting another random cloth into the bag.

"How's Finn?" He asks. And I hear the disgust in his voice. I glance at his face. His eyes were closed as if he was prepared to wince at whatever I said.

Wow.

"Fine." I say. I don't know why I couldn't just tell him that I didn't give a flying fuck about Finn. And that I was completely lost in love with him. With everything about him and no matter how mad I was at him that I couldn't stop loving him. But something in the back of mind wouldn't let me. The part of me that wanted to hold on to that grudge. He basically slut shamed me for the same exact thing that he does on a daily basis. What was I supposed to do? I felt anger flow back through me.

"Nani-" I cut him off by lifting my hand to stop him.

"No. It's Naomi to you. Why does it matter how Finn is doing. I have nothing to do with Finn. I never wanted Finn back. You slut shamed me. And now you want to come check me about a guy you assumed I was back with. You never gave me a chance to explain myself to you . So why should I give you that pleasure?" I say. I was shaking. My legs felt numb.

I zip up my bag and shove my past him. Ignoring the fact that my body felt like it was on fire.

"Wait Naomi!" He shouts after me I start to run. The bags were pretty heavy. I repeatedly press the elevator button until it opens.

"Naomi! Don't go. Please I-" I walk in the elevator pressing the close door the same way I made it open.

"Doesn't feel too good chasing the one you want to talk to the most does it?" I ask as the door closes. My heart was breaking and I couldn't stop myself from doing this. When I reach the first floor I take off running towards my car. I was hauling ass to get inside my car. I didn't want him to stop me. Or maybe I did. I didn't know what I want anymore.

I made it to my car throwing my bags to the back of the car. I slide in the drivers seat starting my car up putting it in reverse. I hear him slap my door with his hands.

"Open the door Naomi. Don't do this. Please." He says his voice cracking. My heart was breaking too. But I was too mad to care about it. He messed up. Not me and I shouldn't have to keep getting blamed for doing things that I wasn't by the guys in my life. To them I'm never innocent until they're proven wrong. So why should I give them the benefit of doubt?

"I'm sorry." I say a lot more aggressive than I meant. I press the gas making him jump back from my car. I sped off. I end up at Jada's apartment. Covered in rain and tears. I didn't want my mom to worry about me. Or Oliver. We shouldn't have made the deal in the first place.

I knock on the door and she throws it open. I'd been crying for a while. Just as hard as it was raining outside. Everything felt like too much.

I tell her everything. I pour my heart out and felt shameless. I was hurting. And it had to be okay for me to feel this much hurt.

"He's an ass for what he said to you." Jada says and I nod.

"I never slept with any of those guys. I might've flirted but after my assault I stopped going out. Period. I knew we were supposed to see other people and the moment he sees me with Finn he freaks out but when I went out with that taxidermy guy . He couldn't careless. I don't get it." I say. I place my head in her lap. It was getting heavy because of all the wine she let me drink.

"Finn and you had a past. He probably thought you guys were getting back together. Especially because of what he saw." She tells me. And I groan lifting up.

"Why do you always take his side? Am I wrong for being mad at him?" I ask her. I was starting to get frustrated.

"I'm not taking sides Nani. But be rational. Imagine being in love with someone for years who saw everybody but you. Who always decides that the next guy will be better than the last. You finally give him the chance and he sees you with your ex. The one we both watch you mope around for weeks. Who you had been with for four years and was so in love with. Am I saying that he's right for the things he's done to you?! Hell no! Make his ass work for it. And sweat and cry. But at the end of the day. You love him. And all you're doing now is running. Because the only real thing stuck in y'all way is both of y'all prides. And a misunderstanding. Don't let something real get away because you had to be right. He's not going to leave you Nani." She tells me placing a hand on my shoulder . My eyebrows furrow.

"He's in love with me?" I ask. Her eyes widen and she shakes her head.

"No." She says standing up grabbing the glasses from the coffee table in front of the couch we were sitting on.

"That's what you said." I say. She shakes her head walking towards the kitchen.

"No. I said imagine being in love with someone. Whose done that to you." She says. But I let it go. I had some thinking to do.