Chapter 24

Naomi's POV

       I was panicking. Don't get me wrong I have been practicing for weeks. I never change the choreograph from Oliver's and I partnership. I turned it into a solo. It was good. But it wasn't my best. And I knew that it was possible that I could fail this class. I'd have to take it over next year. But that wasn't the worst part.

      The worst part was that it was in front of almost two thousand people. It was something like American Idol. Or whatever the hell it's called . The Voice.

     Oh for god's sake Naomi this isn't the time. I felt the panic settle in the middle of my stomach. I don't think I can do this.

       I can't do this. My heart pounded as I turned on my heel and headed for the door. Before I was able to make a full run for it. A hand grabbed my elbow stopping me from leaving. At first I thought it was Finn. It was like damn I can't win for losing with this guy.

     "Where are you going? We have a a show to do Mi Amor." The voice sent a shiver down my spine. Oliver. I didn't even need to turn my face to know that it was him.

        "Ollie." I breathe. I wrap my arms around his neck burying my face into his chest. I couldn't believe he was here.

       "How? Why? I... Oliver?" I stutter out. They say my name over the P.A. I turn to Oliver in a panic. He only nods his head in reassurance lacing his fingers into mine pulling towards the stage.

         "Remember what we practice. I know that you've kept the same part as before we stopped talking. Just trust me." He says and I nod my head, my heart pounding. He surprised by actually being here.

         "Can you do that? Can you trust me?" He asks. And I took a chance.

         "Yes. I trust you. Let's do this." I say as he pulls me into the stage.

                                              ***
The night Naomi left.

       Oliver's POV

           She left.
         She's gone.
          Fuck.

        I walk back up to the apartment. It was hard considering I was shit faced. So I left and got drunk! Sue me! When I make it inside I notice the chicken on the table. Looks like they had a nice dinner. I fling it across the room. Along with the rest of the bullshit they had the never to eat. In this apartment all happy and miserable wrap up into one.

      I hope he never gets hard again. I hope... I hope he gets tricked into making out with a hobo. I hope that for the rest of his life every picture he posts on social media only gets one like. I hope she realizes she doesn't love him. That somehow during all the things I've done for her and to her , she fell in love with me. I hope she leaves him heartbroken.

       The apartment felt empty. Like my soul. I let out a sigh. I was too drunk for this shit. I climb up the stairs slowly but surely. I walk past her room to see her closet door open and nothing hanging. My heart constricts and I almost sober up at the thought of losing her. What was I thinking? What did I do? What should I do now? So many questions left unanswered. So many things I could've said left unsaid.

       A part of me wanted to go and lay down in her bed and inhale everything. But I also knew that, that was taking it a step too far. I was in love with her, but I wasn't obsessed with her. I had standards. I was really drunk. Like really. If I lean my head forward it feels like my body was falling forward. And I couldn't look behind me. That's when I knew I was completely wasted. I go to my room and fall face first. I didn't have the energy to get back up so I fell asleep with everything still on.