XIV

Liked by alexmorgan13, cece_raynott_, ashlynharris24 and 50,378 others

tonio_niel: finally had a chance to spend a good couple of hours in the gym!

═══════════════════════

username: I'm having heart palpitations
username: same, like how can anyone be that fit

alexmorgan13: no way in hell am I going to the gym with you
tonio_niel: What! Whyyyy?
alexmorgan13: erm have you seen yourself! You'd probably be able to bench press me.
tonio_niel: yes I can but that's not the point, I need a work out buddy :(

ashlynharris24: Bro you are seriously jacked, you need to show me some stuff in the gym!
tonio_niel: for sure dude!

cece_raynott_: can you not put the rest of us to shame with how incredibly unfit we all are please
username: agreed

username: she should be spending more time practising soccer

username: I'm now even more attracted to her, how?

═══════════════════════

❈ ❈ ❈

It's been almost a month since I moved to Orlando and I'm loving every second of it here. Of course, I miss people back home but I really think this is where I'm meant to be.

The team are great, they've made me feel so welcome and included and I really think I'm going to make some friends for life with these people.

Alex and I have been getting a lot closer as well, going on a few more dates but neither one of us have said anything to the other about actually dating. I really like her and I just feel safe whenever we are together.

I drive back home ready to take a shower from that heavy gym session I just had and hopefully build up enough courage to ask Alex something I've been meaning to do for a while now.

Once I'm back home I unlock the front door and dump my stuff in the hallway beige hopping straight into the shower. Just as I'm finishing up I hear my doorbell ring

"One second!" I shout to whoever's behind it and scramble for some clothes to shove on. I run to the door, mid putting my t-shirt on, and open it

"Oh hey Alex, what are you doing here?" I ask as the striker stands on my doorstep, I take a good look at her and see she seems incredibly nervous.

"I just need to talk to you for a second" She replies looking down at the floor a lot.

"Yeah sure, come on in and we can have a chat," I say now finding myself scared of what this talk is going to entail.

She walks in and gets herself situated on my couch while I head to the kitchen and make her a cup of coffee

"Here you go" I say handing her the cup as she looks at it in confusion.

"What? is it not right," I ask concerned now

"No it's fine, I'm just confused to why you have coffee in your house, you literally despise the stuff," she asks me

"well I know you love it so I made sure to have some in for when you come over" I explain to Alex

"That's really sweet of you Toni," She says smiling and taking a sip of her coffee.

"so what did you want to talk about, everything's okay right" I ask.

"oh yeah, nothings wrong I just need to tell you something," she says staring into her cup. I put my hand on her knee making her look up at me

"You can tell me anything you know?" I say wanting her to feel comfortable.

"I like you Toni, like really like you. Whenever we're together I just feel so safe and happy. You bring out the best side in me and I haven't felt this special in a long time. I understand if you don't feel the same way I just couldn't hold it in anymore, it was eating me up inside." Alex says and I sit there in shock for a second processing everything she just said.

"I'm sorry I knew this was a bad idea I'll just go," she says standing up quickly and grabbing her stuff.

"Lex just wait," I say going after her

"no it's okay I'm sorry for ever coming over," She says going to open the door.

I manage to stop her in time and shut the door from behind. She turns around to look at me while my hand still rests on the door frame, our faces inches apart.

"You didn't let me speak" I whisper to her. I watch her gulp nervously, her eyes never leaving mine though.

"I like you too Lex, like really like you," I say, our faces almost touching now. We both stare into each other eyes and I watch her eyes glance down at my lips.

That's all it takes for me to grab her face in my hands and pull her lips onto mine. I feel her body melt into my embrace as I pull her closer.

We reluctantly separate when air becomes an issue and rest out head against the others.

"I've wanted to do that for so long" I say breathlessly making Alex let out a small laugh.

"maybe we should make up for lost time then?" She says looking at me with a little smirk.

"Is that right?" I say grinning myself as I pick her up and hoist her into myself making her squeal in shock.

She connects our lips again as I guide her back to the sofa trying to not trip over something on my way.

I place her down on her back and hover over her.

"what are you doing," She says with a small smile

"Just admiring," I say looking at her.

Best. Day. EVER.