Chapter Two

—Third Person POV.—

"Alright is that everyone?" The chief question's after the last few people file into the dining hall. His question is answered with a swift nod from one of the men below before he nodded back in acknowledgement.

As he turns toward the crowd, they quiet down to hear what he has to say "The catapults are down and need repairs." His voice booms through the dining hall.

And after assigning a few people to fix it, his eyes look out into the crowd "Now voice your concerns! I will be sending for more supplies so if you need something, call for it now!" He demands and the people start to murmur amongst themselves.

"We need more people and livestock because those beasts stole most of our last flock!" A voice exclaims near the door and the chief nods to the writer— Who immediately wrote the request down.

"We ran out of water, putting all of those fires out last night!" Another calls and the Chief nods, turning to the writer  "Don't write that, I will later assign extra people to refill all the barrels." He briefly explains.

After a few more calls, everything seems to be going smoothly until a woman raises her hand "What are you going to do about the Night Fury?!"

The Chief pauses, passively looking away "I said ask for what you need. Not to ask questions—" "These attacks are getting out of hand!" She presses, soon followed by murmurs of agreement.

"We don't even know when they'll be back! And now a Night Fury is attacking too!" A voice from the crowd complains, followed by a bunch of others.

And soon enough, more and more voices shout out about the dragons— Specifically the one no one had ever been able to even catch a glimpse of.

After a few minutes of it all, the Chief's brows furrowed and he slams his axe onto the wooden table in front of him— Easily silencing everyone.

"Send word for more dragon hunters— Actually, get them to send the Big Three." The Chief finally orders the writer.

And the crowd slowly starts up with controlled chatter as the writer nods, letting the Chief put his mark before running off to send the requests out.

As the door opens, a few people file out behind him and the Chief's eyes glance down to the engravings along his axes handle— And a sigh rolls off his tongue.

"So, that went well." A voice speaks, plopping down besides the Chief with a tankard in his hand. The Chief sighs again, recognizing the voice and not bothering to turn to his friend as he took a sip from his cup.

"You sure you want to call in the Big Three?" His question follows up once he sets the tankard down, leaning his head on the table to rest.

"It's a Night Fury and the Big Three are ranked best in the academy. During the day, they will train with the young ones here." The Chief nods and Aizawa grumbles.

"Great." He mutters to himself, eyelids going slack as he dips his head down slightly.

"That Night Fury is still out there though." The Chief comments with a sigh "After last night we should have some time to prepare and when we do.."

He steps past Aizawa, yanking the axe out of the table and letting its blade glint in the light "We'll be ready for that one."

After a moment of silence, his brows furrow as he turns to the dark haired guy "Aizawa?" Only snores answered his confused voice.

—Third Person POV.—

—Time Skip.—

Dark brows furrow as he drew back the string of the bow— Focused eyes set ahead while he steadies his aim on the targets.

With a short breath, his finger twitches back— Sending the arrow though the air and right into the crimson painted hay far in front of him.

Knocking what would be his seemingly hundredth arrow in a row, he swiftly brought it back again— Tilting to look upwards when he aims and lets it fly once more.

It hits its mark, grazing past the two other arrows already in the small target before shooting into the painted wood.

Seeing the feathers, he lifted a hand from his bow— Reaching over his shoulder for another arrow.

When his hand grazed nothing but thin air, he pauses, blinking in confusion as he turns to look at the now empty quiver attached to his back.

"Huh?" He breathes quietly to himself and jolts as a voice shoots through the air, knocking him out of his concentrated state and causing him to nearly drop his bow.

"That was amazing Amajiki!" Nejire beams, sliding under the wooden entrance to enter the training grounds.

Mirio is at her side as she approaches and claps a hand on Amajiki's back "Yeah, you haven't missed a shot all day!" He follows up.

"I almost did." The dark haired boy mutters, stepping away from the two to set his bow down on one of the weapon holders with a sigh.

"Oh come on Amajiki, sometimes you need to give yourself a break." Nejire speaks, moving to trot beside the taller guy as he starts walking towards the entrance.

He shakes his head, not agreeing with her words and Mirio smiles as he starts walking on the other side of Amajiki.

"Nejire's right, you really should take a break some time." He comments, pushing the door shut after the two before taking a few strides to catch up again.

After a moment of silence— No response from Amajiki and Nejire was picking at one of her newer throwing daggers.—  His blue eyes trained ahead towards the village below.

And he lit up with an idea.

"Maybe you could sit out during the—" Amajiki immediately shakes his head, not even wanting to hear the rest of Mirio's suggestion and the blonde complies, going silent once more.

"Well, you've gotten a lot better with the bow recently." Mirio finally compliments and Amajiki shrugs slightly, seemingly lost in thought at the moment.

And Nejire turns, following up Mirio's compliment with her own before the two broke out into a soft chatter unheard by the indigo haired boy.

A horn bursts through the air, the noise breaking through the conversation they were having and causing Nejire to set her daggers back into their holders.

"Well, that's dinner!" Mirio brings up, tilting his head to the two next to him with a smile "We don't need to talk about it— But you need to remember to take a break every now and then, okay?"

The dark haired boy turns away slightly, eyes averting to the floor as he nods "Okay." And Nejire pops up from beside him, eyes lighting up in the dimming sky.

"Come on!" She calls, jogging to get to the village "We're going to miss out on the announcement!" Mirio chuckles towards her distant voice, lightly clasping a hand on Amajiki's shoulder.

"She's right, we should probably hurry." He agrees before sprinting off to catch up with the shorter woman.

Amajiki is left alone on the hill top, eyes flickering to the setting sun and with a sigh— He runs to follow the two.

——————————————————————————