Chapter Sixteen

—First Person POV.—

"Actually— I was wondering.." He clears his throat, bringing a hand up to cover his mouth slightly as his eyes avert downwards.

"..Could I draw you..?"

I nod, glancing over the cover before holding the book out to him "Of course, I don't mind." His eyes flicker back to me and surprise overtakes his features.

"Really?" He questions, gently grabbing the book in my out-stretched hand as if he's still unsure and I nod in confirmation.

"I really don't mind," I repeat with a light smile while he reaches into the basket— Rummaging around a bit before pulling out one of his many charcoal pens.

He opens his books and skips at least three pages —I had caught sight of a few dragons and maybe a butterfly— It was hard to tell, but he comes to a stop on the first empty page and tilts his head up to look at me.

"Just stay still for a little bit." He commands lightly, eyes flickering down for a moment before blinking "Or— I mean, do whatever you feel comfortable with." He quickly fixes.

I let out another short laugh and he turns back to his book— The sound of quiet scribbling soon meeting my ears as he starts his drawing.

"So, what took you so long today?" "Hm?" He hums in questioning— Eyes flickering up every now and then to look at me before going back and scribbling some more.

"You showed up later than usual." I comment and his pen pauses for a moment "It took a little bit longer than I thought to make the pie, sorry." He replies before continuing his small task.

"Wait— You made the pie? How?"

—Flashback.—

"You need flour!" "Flour??" Nejire gasped, a look of betrayal filling her expression as her head snapped in the direction of her friend.

"You don't put flour in pies!" She scolds, stealing the ingredient from his grasp and moving it far far to the side of the table.

"I could've sworn—" Amajiki lets out a sigh in exhaustion as his friends start fighting over what ingredients are needed for a pie— The two jumping up as they actually started fighting.

Mirio was leaning over the poor crust with the bag of flour— Trying to pour it in while Nejire screamed and tried her best to stop him.

But when she jumped and attempted to grab at the bag— She ended up whacking his arm to the side and causing the flour in the open bag to go flying everywhere.

Mainly all over the poor Amajiki just working on the apples next to them.

—End Of Flashback.—

"..Let's just say— It took a while." He replies vaguely and that's when I choose to just drop the subject— Sitting up to lean over the cover of his book to see his process on the drawing.

It looks amazing, and I stare in bewilderment, praising him for the amazingly detailed piece.

A light hue of pink flares along his cheeks as he nods, thanking me before opening to a new page and asking if he could do a few more.

Of course I say 'yes' and he gets back to work, glancing up and down over and over again as he creates another piece.

And five drawings later, I lean forward again— Eyes scanning over the drawing before pausing this time.

Unlike the others— This one is probably meant to be me flying, so my wings are open.

I had been gawking towards the detail in the scales along my wings before noticing one thing he had missed— Brows furrowing as I lean closer to look at that one spot in particular.