Chapter Twenty-Eight

—First Person POV.—

"(Y/n).." Amajiki stutters to the left but my eyes don't leave the glistening skin hung up on the wall for all to see.

The feeling in my gut had grown— I think I'm going to puke. It feels like an eternity before I even blink, the small movement being the only thing I do before my attention is drawn away from the wall.

Amajiki's hands gently grab my elbows, turning me slightly to the side so he could take up most of my vision— But in the corner of my eye, the ghastly hue of moonlight caused the scales to shine even as I fixate my gaze on him.

Those same other worldly rays cast onto the back of Amajiki's head, tendrils of shadows running along his worried expression as he speaks to me.

Speaking of which.. The pounding from my heart seems to grow quieter and I just start to realize how loud my breathing had become.

My ears seem to come back online to hear Amajiki hurriedly trying to calm me down, spewing words as gently as possible "(Y/n), you're having a panic attack— You need to breathe," He informs.

The shaking in my arms added to that as I open my mouth— Eyes flickering past him to see the skins hung for display while the last few bits of the festival run through my head in a never ending loop.

Fear.

"Help me."

"(Y/n), listen to me— Please, it's going to be okay, you're okay.." My mouth feels dry.

I'm blinking to try and rid my mind of the bloodied sight I had been too frozen to stop just mere minutes ago— And Amajiki—

My legs seem to move on their own, stepping back away from him— To which he tried to follow, but we don't get far when something pricks my wing.

I turn, my scales brushing along the wall and knocking whatever had poked me off of it— Causing a loud clutter as it fell to the floor and Amajiki pulled me to the side to avoid it.

Neither of us speak, suddenly going silent when the moonlight hits the wall our shadows had been covering this whole time.

Scales, horns, teeth— All of it lay out like a platter across the wall and against my wishes, I tilt my head downwards to see what I had accidentally stepped into and knocked down..

The head of a Hideous Zippleback stared back at me and from the wall I can see it's other head— It's sibling staring blankly downwards.

My breath hitches and I step back, attempting to get away from the black pupils that just stare up into my soul— And Amajiki stumbles when I back into him.

"Close your eyes, we need to leave.." He mutters, trying to usher me towards the door now and when I don't move, he tugs me to the side a bit.

"(Y/n), come on.." His voice pleads from behind and he moves to stand between the head and I— Ushering me forward again to exit this horrible building.

"How could any one do this.." My voice is whispers, the first thing I had said since entering this nightmare and praying I just wake up soon.

I'm shaking as we step towards the door, Amajiki in front and leading me— His head tilts back to look over his shoulder, making sure I don't turn to cast my gaze on the floor, or walls.

I don't think I have the stomach to anyways. And I truly mean that— Cause even when a creak sounds off behind us and I feel Amajiki's grip on my hand tense, I feel my stomach lurch at the thought of turning back.

The click of a door being shut causes Amajiki to pull me closer— Reaching out for the handle of the door we had originally came barreling through "Young Amajiki! I was hoping I'd run into you." A voice speaks up.