Chapter Seven

—First Person POV.—

Persistent.

That's all I have to say about this human as he approaches.

Early this morning— Much earlier than I would've preferred. He shows up, the noise he made when he entered through the rocks isn't that loud but the quiet footsteps caused my head to shoot up.

And I glance down from the tree in alert, slowly relaxing once I saw it was him again.

Glancing around in confusion, his eyes flicker back and forth in search for me "What are you doing here?" I call after a moment and his head tilts upwards.

It takes him a second but he finally spots me through the leaves of the tree and waves slightly, answering my question with a question of his own "Can you come down?"

I raise an eyebrow at that, tilting my head slightly before shrugging and leaning over the edge of the branch.

I fall backwards, my tail clasping around the branch and lowering my bare feet onto the one below it.

My movement had become sluggish and I figured it's probably from just waking up a few minutes ago as my feet meet the soft grass below and I walk up to him.

I watch confusingly as he reaches to grab something from under his cloak and I take a cautious step back.

Seeing this, he pauses— And pulls out a box? He sets it down and after a moment, lightly pushes it forward with his foot.

"What is it?" I question, brows furrowing slightly and he glances down at it "Oh, it's a first aid kit." He answers and I blink.

After not hearing me reply, he goes on "It can help treat your injuries." He finally explains and I shake my head— About to deny myself of any injury until I go to step forward and wince.

Bad leg, again.

"Here, you can use it..?" He clears his throat towards my silence, hand lightly gesturing towards the box on the floor and causing me to acknowledge it again.

With a weary glance towards the dark haired boy— I cautiously crouch and moved forward, pulling the box back towards me and my shelter before sitting down.

He watches, not moving and after sending another glance his way— I turn to the box and poke it.

Then with irritated eyes, I look towards him again "Nothings happening." I state with a deadpan and he blinks, taking a quick step forward "Oh, no you—"

Too quick for comfort, on instinct— I immediately shift, a low warning grumble escaping my throat before he stops in his steps, bringing his hands up in surrender.

He moves back a few feet and that's when I strain and am forced to shift back into my human-like appearance.

"Sorry, sorry." He repeats once I glare his way and I nod slightly.

Without another word, I use my tail to push the box away before flapping my wings and lifting myself back into the tree.

Of course I can't flap for long due to one of my wings not healing for some reason, so I grab the first branch and hoist myself upwards— Soon coming to rest on a high branch.