Chapter Seventeen

—Third Person POV.—

Amajiki's eyes flutter open— The first thing he noticed was the darkness surrounding him, small flickers of stars could be seen throughout the sky as he tilted his head upwards.

His neck ached with the motion— When he had fallen asleep, his head had hung forward while his back stayed propped up against the tree.

But he doesn't bother complaining— That's just what happens to you when you sleep sitting up.

Within a few blinks, he was awake and taking in his surroundings.

The moon casted enough light across the grass around him while the chirping of crickets pushed the silence away from his pointed ears.

Though there was a slight breeze due to him being so high up on a cliff— The warmth surrounding him was the one thing that stood tonight.

His head shifts downwards, the same ache poking at the back of his neck as he sees the (h/c) haired girl clinging to the clothes usually hidden beneath his cloak.

(Y/n). Her body laid limp on top of his, face pressed into his collar bone where his cloak wrapped in front of his neck.

At some point, she had managed to slither her way beneath the front and now her face was hidden by the colorless cloth.

He could feel her breaths against his usually hidden neck and that just added to the warmth she was radiating as her wings laid splayed out around them— Caving in the heat.

He gulped, moving his hand slightly beneath her to try and at least move his cloak to the side to let in some cooler air.

It was already hot enough and the crimson hue spreading across his face was NOT helping with that.

With his slight movement— (Y/n) shifted from on top of him, a slight grumble escaping her lips as she moves, coiling herself farther onto him and pushing her face into his neck.

Yep, this would be the death of Tamaki Amajiki.

His face was a blur of color at this point, both from the heat and the situation he had somehow managed to find himself in.

And through all of his jumbled thoughts, it finally processed in his head that— It was night right now.

Amajiki mentally cursed, how long had he been asleep? Did his friends notice he didn't come home? Question upon question flooded his mind and one thought pressed over the others.

He had to get home.

With another glance at the girl practically attached to him, he carefully lifted his hands to her sides and started moving her off.

Trying his best to be as gentle as possible to not wake her— Her wings dragged with his movement, pulling up the blanket underneath them as she flops to her side.

Tamaki winced, body going rigid from the loud thump she made when she fell over.

He stares stiffly as she grumbled, shifting from her spot on the blanket covered ground and he thought she would wake up— But she just curls inwards, moving to cocoon into her wings instead.

With a sigh of relief, he quickly uses the tree to push himself up— Rolling his neck to crack it and relieve some of the stress from his bones.

And after a few careful steps around her —While still being weary of the edge of the cliff.— He was in the clear, quietly turning and walking away to the tree line.

A groan sounds off a few feet behind him— Making the indigo haired boy stop mid-step to look back and see (Y/n) shift and roll over.

Her dark scales where illuminated by the moonlight, hair flopping over her face as she turns to face him— Eyes closed and letting him know she was still out like a light.