Chapter Thirty-Five

—First Person POV.—

The gate lifts— The sounds of chains echoing off the walls of the cold arena, easily waking and alerting me I had new visitors.

With a groggy grumble, my eye opens slightly— Slitted pupil glancing up and around from my laying position as footsteps approach.

They move past me, stopping on opposite sides of the room before I suddenly feel the strap on my head tighten and yank upwards.

A grunt huffs through my jaws at the motion, practically forced upwards and to my feet as the chains shorten and are pulled back into the walls.

And once it stops, I'm unable to move— Head stuck directly in the middle of the arena where the chains meet and connect through this cursed strap.

The same tall human approaches, blonde bangs spiked up with his proud posture as he nears— Not an inch of fear in his body when he finally comes to a stop directly in front of me.

My eyes shift into a glare, staying still this time due to the restraints right against my head.

Within a few seconds of staring, All Might doesn't say anything —Though it does look like he was getting ready to.— Instead, he just watches me.

—An unreadable expression on his face before he waves, gesturing to some other humans who came and lifted a large wooden thing over and onto my neck, locking it in place with a thick click.

The wood rubs harshly against my scales, locks and the original chains holding me now clanking as I stirred and started racking my head back.

One side loosens— The people holding it not expecting the sudden action and nearly letting go of the chain as I dragged and pulled back with the new weight taking up my neck.

"You three, help with the chain." He commands, reaching back to grab something while I struggled— And later found out what he had grabbed when a hard object whacked me across my face, just missing my eye.

I'm blinking over and over again, head trying to o process what had just happened and giving the people he had ordered enough time to grab and drag the chain back.

—Tightening me back into place while he talks and commands others to approach.

With as much as I'm able to move my head— I try to turned, ears flickering as the same people come back in and I feel a new weight as they attach what I'm assuming to be more chains onto the wood.

..And I stand correct. The original chains are removed —Them being sure to keep the strap holding my mouth shut, on.— Before I'm being pulled forward.

I don't really fight as much when I realize we're heading towards the gate aka we're going outside.

I blink as the sunlight hits my eyes— Much brighter than what shone through into the arena below.

When my eyes are finally adjusted, I take notice to the shouting, the streets of the village are busy but through it all— I can catch townsfolk stopping to stare as I walk.

I don't have time to take in the village during the day as the humans holding the chains on both sides yank a few times— Gesturing me to walk forward.

But I stop, claws sharp against the dirt floor as I glance around— Taking in my surroundings and all possible escape routes.

'I could..' I mentally mutter, letting out a grumble as I flex my jaw and open my mouth just a bit.

'I could get out of here, I could just shoot all of these humans and—' My thoughts come to a pause once I take notice on a few smaller people staring—