Chapter Twenty-Five

—First Person POV.—

I smile at the sight of them before he lightly bumps my shoulder with his elbow "You like the dragons?" He questions innocently and I nod, now excited.

"Yeah! They're so pretty!" I beam— Eyes practically stars as I look over one in particular, it was an arm lengthed sized (f/d).

"..Which dragon do you like?" Amajiki questions, coming to stand beside me too.

I send a glance bud way before pointing upwards to the one I had been ogling at "That one up there! Isn't it adorable?" I question, smiling up at the plushie.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Amajiki nod subtly— The man behind the stand trotted over to greet the darker haired boy and after exchanging a few words, Amajiki pointed up at the plushie "That one over there, how many points for it?"

The man sent a glance up at the small dragon, eyes squinting a bit "The (color) one?" He questions and Amajiki nods.

"Ah, that's a medium, how about you try for a small— It's only twenty points." He states with the shrug of his shoulders while eyeing the darker haired boy a bit.

"You need to hit the targets in a row, otherwise the arrows are unlimited until you either miss, or stop." He explains his game, earning my attention before I see the blonde move from my side to approach Amajiki.

Mirio slings an arm across his friends shoulder, now causing me to tilt my head in their direction as he smiles at the worker.

"Tell you what, whatever points you need— We'll double it!" He claims, earning a look of panic from the dark haired boy beneath his resting arm.

The man scoffs "Seriously?" He chuckles and Mirio nods easily— Not a figment of doubt in his expression "Seriously."

".. Alright then." The man starts, crossing his arms and nodding his head in the direction of the plushie "Medium is fifty. You really think you can get a hundred, first try?" He chuckles with smug eyes.

"Oh no, there's no way I can— I have a horrible shot!" Mirio laughs, earning a raised eye brow from the worker until the blonde steps back and lightly moves his friend forward.

"But no doubt he can!" He claims, earning a challenging look from the man as he stares at Amajiki again.

The dark haired boy sweat drops slightly as the man chuckles again "Well then, tell you what." He repeats, quirking his head to the side to gesture towards the plushies again.

"Your shots are free, but if you miss and want to try again— I'm gonna need payment." He states his end of the bargain and with a glance towards his overly excited friends, Amajiki agrees with a nod.

I watch as the man leads Amajiki behind the walls of the stand before handing him a worn down.. Bow.

I can't help but remember one of our more early meetings— Smiling how he had caught me off guard with that water fall and everything.

—Third Person POV.—

"Alright, shoot away." The worker states as he moves off to the side.

Amajiki now stood next to a large barrel of arrows, their feathers all kinds of different colors that seemed to gleam in the light of the surrounding lanterns.

He dropped his free hand down, fingers grazing along the soft yet hardened textures of the unfamiliar feathers before pinching and pulling one from the cluster.

His heart pounded as he knocked the arrow to the string of his temporary bow— Dragging his across the wood and shifting his stance to adjust with the different length.