Chapter Thirteen

—Third Person POV.—

Like usual, the dining hall was filled to the brim— And just like every morning, Amajiki walked quietly beside his friends, pitching into the conversation every now and then while weaving through the crowd to find a vacant table.

Mirio had no problem dismissing the people who accidentally bump into him, turning and pointing out a table in the far corner.

The chatter throughout the building caused Amajiki to let out a sigh, finally sitting down when the two did and setting his tray onto the table.

The three quieted down as they dug into their food.

And soon enough, Amajiki had made it about half way through his tray when the cafeteria suddenly silenced— With a confused expression, his dark eyes glance upwards, idly chewing as he looked to his friends.

Nejire had turned around in her seat, looking at something behind her while Mirio scoops another bite into his mouth before following her and turning around as he chewed.

Following their gaze, Amajiki tilts his head around the two— Dark eyes catching onto the table they had both turned to stare at along with everyone else in the dining hall.

"The preparation's needed for the Moon Festival have arrived!" All Might's voice announces— His words easily echoing throughout the dining hall and causing murmurs of excitement to flicker through the tables.

"It will be held in the middle of this week, or in other words— Two days from now." He informs, blue eyes glancing around the room to make sure all where listening.

"I will discuss personally with class 1-A on their trainings beforehand, you all can eat and continue on with your day—Tomorrow we will start decorating." He waves slightly, dismissing everyone.

It a takes a second but the murmurs across the table start up into loud chatter, causing the two across from Amajiki to turn and face forward again.

Their usual smiles where present as Mirio scoops another bite into his mouth with Nejire rambling about how excited she was.

"You know what the Moon Festival is?" Amajiki finally questions, confusion written along his face as he catches his friends attention.

"Nope." Nejire shakes her head, bringing her pointer finger to her face in thought "It has to be some type of moon celebration, right?" She wonders, pointing out the obvious and causing Amajiki to sigh.

"Yeah, it is— Sort of." A voice randomly piped in— Causing the three to turn in the direction of the boy as he spoke.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to listen in on your conversation." He says, sheepishly bringing a hand up to nervously rub the back of his neck.

Izuku Midoriya, one of the trainees in class 1-A. Amajiki had only met him a handful of times due to his absence in most of the trainings— But he easily recognized the freckled boy.

He just didn't notice that he had been sitting next to him the whole time.

"Don't worry about it man." Mirio dismisses with a small laugh "Even though we've already been here for a few months— We're still pretty new to everything." He follows up, causing the younger boy to nod.

"So what is the Moon Festival about, anyways?" Nejire questions, leaning over the table in curiosity.

"We have it every year." Izuku starts up, dropping his hand to push his empty tray to the side slightly "It's kind of like an anniversary, you can say." He shrugs.

"But what are we celebrating?" Nejire blinks and Amajiki nods, waiting for him to get to the point and the green haired boy chuckles sheepishly.

"It's a week where no dragons come to attack the village." The young boy states "We can't plan many festivals without the chance a raid could be on that day, so this one is a pretty big deal."