A Body in The Bahamas

Can't believe this story was #1 in harrypotter! Please let me know what you're thinking when reading/ any criticism! i love reading all of your commentaries xoxoxo

*******************************************************************************************

I was not ready for the chaos that ensued as I entered our London home. The familiar 18th century walls of the hallways had been stripped bare of photographs; boxes pilled in front of the large double doors. The grand house now looked stripped bare and cold. My mother walking at an alarming pace for her 6-inch heels yelling at me in a mixture of French and English. I was still groggy from waking up an hour before and only managed to pick up around 20% of what she was saying. Something about the ministry being a disaster and father on the run. None of it was making any sense. I dodged the random people rushing through the house which was quickly being stripped bare to find Allegra sheltering in the corner behind the piano.

"What is going on?" I whispered clambering over the boxes to find her. Her usual preppy demeanour replaced by confusion and a touch of fear.

"The ministry got invaded last night." She whispered. "Dad hasn't come home and his boss sent this weird letter saying they're on the run or something." My body plummeted. This was serious. "Dumbledore has apparently done something to Yves's house in Paris - He mentioned something about it being a safe house and mother is the secret keeper... Apparently it's not safe to stay here. They're even was talking about us not going back to school."

"No!" I said too quickly. The thought of being trapped with Yves and my mother for a year was even more terrifying. Allegra gave me an odd look. "I mean, it's safer at Hogwarts."

A stream of jumbled rambles were rushing through my brain. I was both scared and a little guilty. I had spent the whole weekend following Sirius around like a pathetic puppy while my father was in danger and my mother and twelve-year-old sister were hauling half our house to France.

It was all a blur. I rushed to help my mother who was straining under a few trunks full of shoes which she struggled to load onto the car. Together, the three girls barely over five feet tall piled the essentials into the black BMW. It was barely 5 in the morning, but my mother insisted we leave as soon as possible. I was a bit disappointed with the ministry, not providing us any support... that was until Allegra reminded me they had been invaded. Did the ministry still exist anymore? I felt a little sick. I had so many questions and nobody to ask them to.

My father was usually the one who I asked the questions to, as we crammed into the car, I realised I was scared. I had been so busy frantically packing I hadn't realised the calamity of the situation. My father was gone. God knows where he was, or even if he was still alive. He wasn't here to calm my mother down or reassure Allegra and I that everything will be alright. The ever calm auror always knew what to do. He was never stressed or scared. But he wasn't here anymore. Instead, there was Allegra fiddling with the hem of her skirt nervously and my mother in the front on the verge of tears driving well over the speed limit. I silently prayed that wherever he was, my father was ok. I don't follow a religion but at that moment I understood why so many others did. I was struggling to find hope anywhere else.

*********************************************************************************************

I had been hauled up in Yves's place for too long. My mother had begun compulsively cleaning and everybody was on each other's nerves. The school year finally crawled around. With much debate as to whether Allegra and I should take the train consisting of much yelling from my mother and uncle downstairs, I finally took charge, stuffing my trunks in the large black car alongside my sister's. Allegra had been abnormally quiet during the past week, hiding away in her room from the commotion of the company. I had barely 4 hours sleep the following nights boring over the news or waiting up for any sign that father was ok. I also had a trunkload of guilt bearing on my shoulders at the thought of leaving my mother by herself during this time. She reminded me that she had Yves... although with his mental state I wasn't finding that much of a reassurance.