15

Chapter 15

O R L A N D O | G O N Z A L O

"Wait, maybe if we get the-

"I told you no. Now, let's go. My pilot has a life just like we do."

"Promise me you'll give me some when we get there."

"I promise Savay, Let's go." I laughed

She's been begging for these shoes that cost damn near 10 grand.

I promised to buy them in Italy, knowing they didn't have it I laughed.

She looked up as she rose up from her seat. "They don't have them do they?"

"Of course... not."

She glared at me, "God, I hate you."

"That's just your anger talking for you. By the way, how's the therapy going so far?"

"Good, I haven't had any bad dreams lately."

"That's good baby, really. I'm proud of you"

"You know what's even better?" She wiggled her eyebrows

"What?"

"I haven't touched a single prazosin pill."

I stopped typing on my computer and looked at her. "Why?"

"Because I wanted to see if the therapy would help better, and it did."

"Yeah, but the medication is so the dreams won't come back. That's why the medication is given so it cures the nightmares. The whole damn point was for the medication, fuck the therapist."

She stopped holding my hand as regretfulness filled her eyes, "Why are you yelling at me?"

"I'm just upset because I don't need you falling into these rage moments anymore. I don't need you in this deep depression and fear because of your nightmares. I just want you to be healthy and happy... especially with me."

I didn't realize I was crying until she wiped away tears that fell down my cheek. She grabbed my computer putting it on the bed as she hugged mine tightly.

"I'll take them, I bought them just in case. I'm sorry baby. But I want you to know that I'm more than happy with you in my life. You've shown me a part of me I didn't know I had." She kissed my cheek as I laid my head on her chest

"God, how did we get here?" I mumbled

"Scarier question is, how does it end?"

Those words fearfully sat with me for the rest of the ride until my eyes took over me.

"We're here for the meeting with Carne Muerta," Savay whispered giving the woman 900 dollars.

She took it as she nodded while walking us to the elevator.

My eyes stayed glued to Savay's butt as her dolphin shirt hugged her waist and thighs. Her heels made her taller, but not taller than me.

"First room on the right. In order to enter, knock 4 times then jiggle the handle." The woman whispered.

"Thank you, we'll make sure no one knows that you told us," I informed her

"Good, have a wonderful day you two." We walked off the elevator.

"You got your gun?" I mumbled

"In my purse, I know how to handle myself. But, pray."

She grabbed my hands as we both intertwined them.

"Heavenly Father, I thank you for letting us see the light of day and being able to still walk the face of the earth. I ask that you protect us and forgive us for the sins we committed and might have to. I ask that you protect my family and my future husband from here on out... Amen."

I smiled, "Amen." I didn't even propose and all of a sudden I'm her fiancé... but I'm damn sure, not complaining.

We grabbed each other's hand as I knocked four times and Savay turned the doorknob. The door popped open as Savay smirked.

"Hello Carne Muerta, I'm Savay Suarez and this is my fiancé Orlando Gonzalo."

I mentally smiled at her words, I kept a mean mug on my face as my father's eyes landed on me as they filled with hatred.

"Ahh, beautiful Famoso Diabla. I just want to inform you looks cannot get you anywhere in here. So what do you want while you're interrupting our meeting." The leader said.

"We would like to discuss something with you all, Privately," I said looking at my father.

"This is your father, why-

"Sorry to tell you Theo, but I no longer do any work with my father what's so ever. So any further business arrangements don't concern him or his cartel."

Theo looked at me studying my face and buttoned his suit standing up realizing I wasn't taking any shit at the moment.

"Very well, Mr.Gonzalo... may you please exit while I speak to your son."

"No. I actually want to speak to him alone. Outside."

My jaws clenched as the veins in my hands pierced. My knuckles turned white as I balled my fist up.

"He would love to, I can hold it down in here of our little arrangement. It's definitely not a problem." Savay furrowed her brow as I nodded walked out with my father behind.

As the door shut he turned to me.

"What the hell are you doing?" He whispered in my face

I harshly pushed him, "Back the hell up, & what does it look like I'm doing?"

"You betrayed your own father-

"Betrayal? you betrayed my mother's trust. You betrayed your love for your family when you put your hands on her. When you raised your gun to my sister's head because she wouldn't get her hands dirty for you. I pity you. You're lucky at this very moment I don't take your breath away for eternity." His eyes grew in shock as he realized I was done protecting him.

"You're really afraid. You don't even deserve to have my last name."

"You're really not a man. I guarantee it, you don't have a gun at your waist at this very moment. I'll be damned if I'm afraid of a man who can't protect himself at all times." I uttered.

"Now if you excuse me, my fiancé is waiting for me." I bumped his shoulder powerfully as I opened the door.

I met eyes with Savay as she smiled and nodded.

"Orlando, I can tell you that you have a hell of a woman by your side. It was nice doing business with you both."

I gave Savay a kiss as I shook his hand thanking him for his time and the opportunity.

"Mr.Gonzalo, let's talk about this deal."

I and Savay eyed each other as we walked out the door.

"What you say?"

A gunshot when off as she smiled.

"Let's just say Leon Gonzalo is not a person we need to worry about anymore, & I got a gift for Tony." She uttered.

"& What will that be?"

She smirked as she opened up her file.

"Well since you asked."