Chapter 26

"Pirate's Cove. That's the only place I can think of. Hurry!" Foxy sprinted away from the dark room he'd checked.
Rachel followed, not bothering to ask questions. Justin was close behind her, breathing hard.
They stood in the entrance of Pirate's Cove and looked down.
Roxy lay on the floor, still. Her breathing was soft and ragged. Foxy paused before falling to his knees beside her.
"No!" He howled. "Roxy... Roxy!" He pleaded. Her eyes fluttered and she looked up at him for a moment.
"Don't.. Please..."
Rachel looked down at her, tears forming in her eyes again, threatening to spill.
"I'm sorry I didn't stay behind." Roxy's yellow eyes widened.
"Don't.." Foxy said again, burying his metal head in her neck.
"How touching."
Justin and Rachel turned to see, who they assumed, was the Marionette.
"Sad love story's always make me tear up." He pretended to frown mockingly.
"Shut up." Justin growled, getting in front of Foxy and Roxy.
"Don't play the hero, Justin." The Marionette warned.
"Leave. Now." Justin demanded.
The Marionette only laughed. "I must take a soul."
Justin thought for a moment and looked at Rachel. She was beautiful. He loved her. He really did. He then turned and looked the Marionette dead in the eye. "If you're going to kill anyone. It's going to be me."