one

IMPORTANT: I've noticed a lot of people don't read past the first chapter. Ashton shows up in the second!

A/N: Okay, so this is the first chapter. The girl’s name is Lyanna, but it’s not mentioned yet, and I don’t think it will be mentioned a lot. (Makes it easier to dream the story is about you? Idk) Keep in mind that if you don’t understand something, it is literally for suspense. Please, please trust me, if you don’t get it, it will be explained as the story continues. Also, if you find any spelling or grammar mistakes or whatever, let me know. I'm not a native English speaker, so be kind please.

Why? Why did he have to be such a fucking jerk?

She could just feel her blood pumping her hatred for him through her veins. He was such a fucking asshole. And the worst part was that she couldn’t avoid him. It’s like he knew her schedule at uni by heart, just so that he could run into her on campus constantly. She knew that wasn’t true, but it came pretty fucking close.

Every fucking time she was walking down the street she just had to run into him, he was fucking unavoidable.

She really shouldn’t let him get to her, and usually she brushed it off pretty quickly, but today his annoying comments just hit the fucking jackpot of nerves.

“Fuck off, you idiot,” he had said as she had accidently bumped into him while turning a corner.

It wasn’t Shakespeare, but idiot had somehow just hit home. She had been feeling down and stressed out lately, because of the deadline of a big essay coming up, and mostly she just felt like an idiot. While everyone in her classes was just making small talk about how easy this essay was going to be, she didn’t come even close to understanding the subject, despite having spent days at a time in that fucking library.

And just like that, she broke down. Luckily, she had walked further on, and he was no longer in sight to see her cry. She was in the park, and because she wasn’t in the mood for anyone to see her cry, she sprinted up a nearby hill she knew would lead her to an old cabin that overlooked a small secluded pond at the back of the park that almost no one knew about.

She ran in through the backdoor, which was almost falling off its hinges, and threw her bag down. She slid down the wall to sit on the floor, tears still falling over her cheeks.

Somehow, the entire back wall of the cabin was gone. Torn down by drunk teenagers probably, the same ones that had covered the wall opposite her in graffiti.

She liked coming here. The soft late summer breeze blowing in her face helped her calm down her breathing, and she knew that absolutely no one was coming in here to bother her. She could cry if she wanted to.

She had lived on this campus for over a year now. She just started her second year at university, and already stress was running high. But this was her safe place. She found it when she was chasing a weird looking squirrel she wanted to take a picture of last year’s autumn. Since then, she would come here all the time to sort out her thoughts.

She hadn’t been here yet this year. After going home to her parents for a month this summer, she immediately dived back into her school work, and she just hadn’t had the time to stop by. The thought made her cry even harder. Last year had not been this difficult, why was she struggling now?

And why, why did he have to call her an idiot?

Just then, she heard a door slam. Her head shot up, but no one had come through the back door. Must’ve been the front door. The house was falling apart, and she hadn’t been upstairs because the staircase didn’t look exactly safe to her, but she knew the ground floor consisted roughly of two rooms, separated by the wall she was leaning on. Through the back door, you walked in on a square room with immediately opposite the missing wall, and on your left the old, rotten stair case. On the right was a doorway without a door that led into a hall. At the end of the hall was the front door, but the wall that separated this hall from the front room was so broken down that it almost didn’t classify as a wall anymore.