five

A light breeze swept her hair away from her face as she walked through the park. The sun was out, but it wasn’t really warm. She wrapped her scarf a little more tightly around her neck.

Despite the cold, she was smiling. She was finally done with the essay that had been tearing down her mental health. She was not sure how well she had done, but  at least she was done with it now. No more worrying. There was nothing she could do now, but wait for her grade.

Her phone vibrated in her pocket.

From: Sparrow

Do you have time to meet up? I’m already there.

She had been going to the cabin anyway. She had planned to spend to spend the afternoon there, her blanket stuffed in her bag, along with a thermos of coffee and a bar of chocolate.

To: Sparrow

Omw:)

When she opened the backdoor, she could hear humming come from the front room. She didn’t recognise the song, but it was soft and gentle.

She took the blanket out of her bag, but this time she folded it a couple times before sitting down on it. Her coat kept her warm enough.

He had stopped humming.

“Hey, how are you?”

“I’m good actually,” she chirped in response, “I finally finished this essay that was stressing me the fuck out. Big weight off my shoulders.”

“Good for you.” She could hear the smile in his voice. Not for the first time she wondered what his smile looked like.

“What about you? You wanted to meet up?”

“Yeah, I wanted your advice actually. I keep seeing Rich Girl everywhere on campus. I can’t avoid her. A couple hours ago she was just walking by, smiling, and it bothers me so much. She didn’t even do anything. It’s just so hard for me, you know? She has everything that I want.”

Lyanna stayed quiet for a bit after that, but he only sighed. She took the thermos coffee out of her bag and poured a cup before setting it in the grass beside her.

“Here,” she said softly, reaching behind the wall to get his attention, “Have some coffee. Breathe.”

“Thanks.”

She saw his hand reach out for it, a black woven bracelet around his wrist. After a moment, he continued like she knew he would.

“I know I said last time that she looks down on me. But I’ve been thinking about it a lot lately, and I think I just like to tell myself that so that I don’t feel bad about hating her. If I tell myself that she is a stuck up, snobby, rich girl, I don’t have to admit that I'm just – I don’t know… jealous.

I was thinking about when the fights between us first started, and I realised I started it. We met through friends, a vague friend of mine has a girlfriend who is her roommate or something. And I actually had kind of a crush on her before. She is hot. Which makes everything just worse. UGGH I DON’T EVEN UNDERSTAND MYSELF!” he screamed.

His outburst surprised her. He seemed like such a calm guy. He must be really frustrated with all this. She took a deep breath before responding.

“So… if I understand correctly, it’s not so much her bothering you, it’s seeing her have the things you can’t, but so desperately want.”

“Yeah. I guess.” His voice was lower than usual, and she could just imagine him clenching his jaw.

She took a sip of her own coffee.

“So why don’t you try being nice to her? Sure, it might be awkward at first, but at least then you’ll figure out whether or not she is actually a horrible person or it’s just in your mind. “

Again it stayed quiet for a bit. When he finally answered it was soft and sad.

“Okay. But only if you promise to be nicer to the guy who is bothering you as well. Maybe he’s not as bad as he seems.”

“Deal.”

A/N: Ohhh yes, things are getting more and more confidential between Lyanna and her mystery boy!! And he wants her to be nice to Ashton! Next update will be lots and lots of Ashton and maybe a little Luke as well:D