chapter one- palpatine

Rey entered Palpatine's chamber in Exegol slowly

Rey entered Palpatine's chamber in Exegol slowly. She looked around for Palpatine, but there was no sign of him. His throne was empty. Rey breathed heavily and turned around to see Palpatine standing in front of her, the hood of his dark cape over his head slightly.

"Finally, my granddaughter comes home," Palpatine said, his voice echoing. "I never wanted you dead. I want you to take the throne and become the dark Empress."

Rey squinted her eyes, her lightsaber held in front of her with caution.

"You will not get away with this," Rey said, her eyes focused on the Sith in front of her.

"Oh, but I will. You will kill me, and me, and all the Sith before me, will enter you. You will become the darkness," Palpate said, his voice raspy.

Rey took a step forward slowly. "Ben," Rey whispered in her head, using the force, hoping to reach Ben. "I need you."

"Do it! Kill me and take the dark throne!" Palpatine shouted, his rage showing through.

Rey stepped forward, her lightsaber held in an attack position. "As you wish," Rey whispered.

Ben Solo ran to Rey and drew his lightsaber out, which was now a light blue.

"You called," Ben said, almost in a whisper.

"You came," Rey remarked, in just as soft as a voice.

Ben and Rey turned to face Palpatine. Rey held her lightsaber and charged towards the Sith. Palpatine knocked Rey back, and Rey fell into the throne. Rey stood up on the throne and held her lightsaber out. Palpatine laughed. "You will never defeat me," He said, his voice full of wrath and anger. Palpatine knocked Rey's lightsaber to the ground and then went to kill her. Palpatine's lightning aimed for Rey's chest collided with Ben's lightsaber. Ben was now on the throne, next to Rey.

Rey used the force and her lightsaber fell into her hand. Both Rey and Ben held their glowing lightsabers in Palpatine's direction.

Palpatine smiled darkly. "Your bond... I haven't seen a bond like yours for generations."

"We will defeat you," Rey said. "And we will use the light to do it."

"You can't defeat me. I am all of the Sith," Palpatine said, sending a stream of lightning from his hand towards Rey and Ben.

"And we are all the Jedi," Rey and Ben said in unison, crossing their lightsabers together and deflecting the lightning.

Palpatine's face turned to sheer fear as Ben and Rey stepped forward, pushing the lightning back. Palpatine dissolved into air, leaving nothing but his cloak on the ground.

Rey and Ben looked at where Palpatine had just stood, breathing heavily. "He's finished," Ben said.

Rey dropped her lightsaber from her hand and Ben did the same. They stared at each other with a soft look in their eyes.

Rey's eyes looked down to Ben's lips. Rey leaned in and pressed her lips to Ben's. Ben didn't respond for a moment, as he was taken aback by surprise, but then kissed her back. Rey held Ben's face with her hands, releasing all the tension between them.

Ben broke the kiss and took her hands in his. "I never thought I would feel again after I turned to the dark side. After I killed my father. After I became the Supreme Leader. I thought my humanity was gone forever. But you ruined everything, Rey. You ruined all my plans. I was supposed to kill you, both Snoke and Palpatine ordered me to. But I couldn't. I couldn't obey their orders. I just couldn't draw myself to kill you. Because there's something about you, Rey. There's a connection that I just cannot explain that I feel towards you, and I have felt since the moment I saw you. You drew me in. And because of you, I learned that I can be good. Because of you, Kylo Ren is dead. Because of you, Ben Solo is alive."

Ben looked into Rey's eyes. "Because of you, Rey, I learned to love again. I love you, Rey."

Rey threw her arms over Ben's neck and hugged him. Ben held her tightly, never wanting to let her go. Rey smiled, and tears fell down her face. "I love you, Ben Solo."

The corners of Ben's mouth lifted up slightly, and he gave a genuine smile as all the cracks in his heart were finally pieced together.

732 words