chapter eighteen- nazar

c o m m e n t so I can read them lmao

Kylo woke up suddenly. His back ached. He sat up, glancing around the room he was in- the library. He had stayed up all night after the Force bond searching for a cure to Rey's memory loss.

Half-read books were scattered all over the floor, their covers open. Kylo had searched through a good portion of the library before he had passed out.

Kylo stood up, brushing his tunic off. He had fallen asleep in his helmet. Kylo's stomach growled, and he realized that he hadn't eaten in three days. He opened the library door, leading to the corridors. The Sith troopers were still at their post.

"Send for breakfast. And check the location of the tracker," Kylo ordered them before promptly shutting the door, focusing on the books before him. He hadn't found a single clue on how to cure Rey's memory loss- the books didn't even talk about reviving someone after death. He still had some more books and scrolls to read, so, hopefully the would contain insight.

Anger bubbled inside Kylo. How come everything worked out for Kai? Kai got everything he wanted- and soon, he would probably try to take over the a First Order. Kylo would not let him succeed. Kai would not get to take over the galaxy, and he sure as Exegol would not get to keep Rey. Kylo would find a way to restore Rey's memories and bring balance. He had to. Because Kylo couldn't live without her. She was his anchor. She was his reason for existing, it felt like. And for Kylo to lose that to a teenager? Ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous.

Kylo needed to find the antidote to restore Rey's memories- and fast.

He yanked a scroll from one of the bookshelves, untying the ribbon securing it. He rolled it open, skimming it. He groaned after it held nothing of use to him. Kylo grabbed the book next to it, brushing dust off of the cover. The Art of the Sith.

Kylo opened the book, reading the first page. He flipped through the pages, looking for anything about resurrection and memory loss. He threw the book across the room, huffing in annoyance. He would never find the answers he was looking for. It probably was never done before. This entire search was for nothing.

Kylo stared at the bookshelves in anger. They were useless. Every single book contained useless information.

That's when he saw it. A small, thin scroll tucked in between two books. Kylo didn't know why he wanted to grab the scroll, but he did, untying the black ribbon sealing it. He unraveled it, searching for answers.

His eyes searched the scroll, reading it.

Bringing back the dead has many unforeseen consequences that often arise. I brought back someone from their grave in my time, but one consequence that I saw was they forgot everything that preceded the raising of them. She failed to remember everything about me. She didn't even know my name. I wondered if giving her life was the wrong thing to do- she was so lost. I felt as if I had not done her a favour, but an injustice. Every part of her personality was gone. She was not the woman I knew. She became but a shell of her past self.

If you are reading this, you either are considering bringing back life to someone- which I highly advise against- or you already have. If you have, my condolences. There is no cure or way to restore their memories.

There is no hope. If you have already restored someone's life, the best thing to do is spend time with them. Tell them about their life. Try to make them remember. 

Kylo looked at the signature at the bottom of the scroll.

Nazar.