chapter seven- rey's vision

*In this chapter, there is going to be some walkie talkie lingo, just thought I should tell you as I didn't want to confuse you when you read it:

10-23 (stand by)

Breaker 1-9 (I'd like to start a transmission)

10-28 (identify yourself)

What's your 20? (where are you?)

10-20 (my location is...)

10-4 (message received)

"I just think we should at least think about it," Lieutenant Frut commented, placing his hands on the conference table.

Kylo shook his head. "You want me to agree to blowing up an entire planet? We just took out the entirety of the Resistance- we already showed that we are in power," Kylo said, his mask altering his voice.

Lieutenant Keller raised an eyebrow. "But if we blow up the slaves, nobody will care. Nobody cares about them. All it would do is show that the First Order has an iron grip."

Kylo raised his voice. "What crime did the slaves commit against the First Order? Existing?! We can't just blow up whoever we want whenever we want!" Kylo yelled, his thoughts drifting to General Fritz.

Fritz cleared his throat. "I think it's an excellent idea."

"Of course you do, all you want to do is destroy everything in sight," General Case called from across the table.

"Isn't that the point of the First Order?!" Sergeant Vex added. "To destroy everything?"

Kylo stood up abruptly, slamming his gloved fists on the table. "No, you pillowcases. The point of the First Order is to rule the galaxy. That doesn't entail blowing up people for fun. We take what we need, not if we have no reason to."

Fritz stood up also. "I disagree."

Kylo peered at Fritz with anger. How dare Fritz disrespect and undermine him?

"Meeting adjourned. Fritz, stay behind," Kylo Ren stated. Many sighs were heard before the room cleared out, leaving Fritz and Kylo alone.

Kylo stared at Fritz, his eyes following where the little ginger's body went. Fritz cleared his throat loudly.

"What are you doing, undermining me in the meeting?!" Kylo demanded, his temper raising.

Fritz straightened his shoulders. "You're becoming weak."

Kylo stepped closer to Fritz. "I'm going to kill you," Kylo spat.

Fritz laughed. "You think that will work well for you in the long run? I have insurance."

"What insurance?!" Kylo said, glaring at Fritz.

Fritz looked at his nails before proudly continuing. "I have confided your secret to someone of a high status. If you kill me, they will tell everyone."

"Why would they believe you or anyone else?" Kylo said, crossing his arms.

"They're already suspicious of you now- you haven't killed the scavenger yet. The First Order is angsty and impatient for you to behead her. The only thing keeping their whims at bay is me. I'm the mediator between you and them, keeping the peace."

At these words, Kylo growled. Fritz had him beat. Kylo couldn't kill Fritz. Kylo had to follow what Fritz wanted.

"And what do you want in return?" Kylo asked, angry at himself for getting in this situation.