chapter fifteen- the attack on the first order

I imagine death so much it feels more like a memory.

Is this where it gets me, on my feet, the enemy ahead of me?

What if this bullet is my legacy?

Rey woke up, lying in the sand. She sat upright, questioning to why she had fallen asleep in the sand. She looked around for answers, confused. Realization began to dawn on her.

Rey groaned, standing up. She brushed sand off of her clothes. She wished she was still with Kylo, lying by his side. Rey was also worried for Kylo. He was injured. He almost died. How would he hold up when the Resistance and the First Order battled?

Rey grabbed her staff and walked toward the rows of tents set up. She looked around, watching to see if Kai or Poe were nearby. There were a few people of Endor training, but Poe and Kai were not in sight.

Sand blew into Rey's face. She hissed, remembering how hot and dusty Jakku was. All she wanted to be was back on the Finalizer with Kylo.

It was something about Kylo that made Rey feel complete. When she wasn't around him, she felt like a part of her soul was missing. She felt like a part of herself was missing. It didn't make any sense- Snoke told Rey and Kylo that he formed their bond, but their connections continued even after his death.

Another theory Rey had was that it was Palpatine that formed their bond, but Palpatine was dead, too, and her and Kylo still had experienced force bonds.

If it wasn't Snoke and it wasn't Palpatine, what caused their force bonds?

The Force itself?  Rey thought, pondering the subject. But why would the Force connect us? We are on opposite sides. He is the Supreme Leader of the First Order. Everything he stands for is evil. And I'm the leader of the Resistance- I'm the last Jedi. Why would the Force connect us?

Rey snapped out of her thoughts. She looked up, scanning the base for someone she knew- someone she was familiar with. Many people of Endor were fighting each other, preparing for the battle. Others were eating food they bought from Cloud City. Rey kept searching the area and saw Finn training with one of the Resistance members. Rey sprinted over to him, trying to forget about the origin of her and Kylo's mystifying connection.

"Finn!" Rey called, grabbing Finn's attention. Finn turned to Rey, giving the person Finn was fighting a chance to knock Finn on the ground.

Finn glared at his attacker in vexation before standing up, meeting Rey's brown eyes with his.

"Rey," he said, his face lighting up. He still felt really guilty for when he shot Rey when she came to the Resistance base with Kylo Ren, but he was glad Rey forgave him. And he was happy that Kylo Ren turned back to the dark side- that way Kylo and Rey weren't together.

"Finn. Do you know where Poe and Kai are?" Rey questioned. "I can't find them."

"They're our getting some more supplies in a nearby town. They left earlier this morning, so they should be back by nightfall," Finn responded.

Rey nodded, smiling at her friend. "Okay, thank you."

Finn smiled back at Rey. "Yeah. Wanna come train with me and Ranger over here?" he asked, pointing to his training partner.

Rey let out a grin. "Of course. Let me get my lightsaber," she said. She set down her staff on the ground. Rey then held out her hand and called her lightsaber to her. Rey ignited it, holding it in front of her in an attack position.

Johnny charged at Rey, a blaster in hand. He fired blanks at Rey, who quickly blocked them with her lightsaber. Finn waved his nunchucks at Rey, who promptly ducked, avoiding the spiked sticks.