chapter five- the force ghost

A/N- ugh, I love this so much. This chapter is honestly everything. Also, if you have thoughts, comment!

Kylo Ren was on his throne, regally crossing his right leg over his left. He hadn't stopped thinking about Rey- he felt so guilty for locking her in the cell. But it was what he had to do. Until Rey comes to her senses about joining him, all Kylo could do was keep her locked up. Kylo ran a hand through his hair. How could Rey expect him to give up his entire life for her? His role as Supreme Leader? Ruler of the entire First Order? It was madness. If only Rey could see that. If only Rey could come to her senses.

It had been three days since Kylo visited Rey last- he was afraid if he went back there, he would see Rey and feel guilty and let her out. He couldn't let that happen. She was too vital for his plans. He loved her too much to let her go.

Rey needed to let go on what Luke had taught her. All the Jedi nonsense- it was inconceivable to Kylo how Rey believed the Jedi way was right and just. Did she not know that the Jedi literally kidnapped force sensitive children from their parents just to train them in the ways of the Jedi?

Of course, that wasn't any worse than what the First Order does- taking children and babies from their parents and training them to be stormtroopers that serve the First Order. Okay, so maybe they both were in the wrong. But it would change- Kylo was going to start a new order.

Kylo breathed heavily, letting out all of his thoughts go. His shoulders were so tense from all of the stress upon him.

A stormtrooper rushed into the throne room, bowing. "Supreme Leader, General Fritz is outside. He wants to talk to you."

Kylo groaned internally. What did General Fritz want?!

"Send him in," Kylo ordered. The stormtrooper nodded, bowing once again, before leaving.

General Hux soon waltzed in, his chin held high and proud. "Ren," Fritz spoke.

Rage filled Kylo. How dare Fritz not address him properly? Will he never learn? Kylo thought.

"You address me as Supreme Leader," Kylo spat angrily, raising his voice.

Fritz pulled back his shoulders, fuming inside, and answered, "Supreme Leader."

"What do you need?" Kylo questioned, wanting to get whatever Fritz was about to say over with.

Fritz cleared his throat. "I have bad news," Fritz stated.

Kylo sighed heavily. Bad news was not what he wanted. Recently, all Kylo had been told bad news. Kylo dreaded what Fritz was about to say. "Carry on."

"Remember the fight with the Resistance a few days ago?" Fritz questioned.

"I was THERE, Fritz. Of course I remember. Hurry up, my patience is getting thin," Kylo ordered, his temper rising.

"Well, some of the Resistance members got away."

Kylo glared at Fritz. "What do you mean by got away?" Kylo said, peering down at him, his anger increasing.

Fritz cleared his throat, cowering away. "I mean that they weren't killed. They're missing."

"WHO?!" Kylo yelled, getting off his throne and walking towards Fritz, his boots clicking.

Fritz straightened his shoulders, breathing in. "The traitor; FN-2187, a few combat specialists, and a pilot," Fritz stated.

Kylo was boiling now. He tilted his head slightly. "And what was the pilot's name?" Kylo asked in a loud, booming voice that echoed across the throne room.