chapter sixteen- lost hope

y'all should like... comment😂

Poe huffed, firing his blaster. He stood his ground, fighting off any stormtrooper who neared him. Sweat dripped down his forehead. He sidestepped, narrowly missing a bullet a stormtrooper fired. Poe quickly glanced at the battlefield, well, really, the First Order hangar area. Hundreds of people were fighting- both the Resistance and the First Order. There were already so many casualties- bodies lying on the ground, either bleeding from a bullet wound or in pieces from an explosive.

Poe hoped the Resistance would prevail. He truly did. But when he looked at the facts, he wasn't sure. The Resistance had about six hundred members fighting now, give or take. The First Order? Thousands. The First Order had thousands and thousands of stormtroopers and generals and lieutenants fighting on their side. The chance that the Resistance would win was slim, but Poe kept fighting. He had to. For Rey.

Poe turned his attention back to the stormtrooper he was fighting, barring his teeth at the memory of how they killed the woman he loved. Poe grunted in anger, raising his blaster and promptly shooting the stormtrooper. The bullet knocked the stormtrooper back, causing him to fall.

Poe breathed heavily, running for shelter behind a pillar as three stormtroopers caught site of him and fired in his direction. Poe took a moment to run a hand through his thick, wavy hair in adrenaline. He peeked out form the pillar and opened fire on the stormtroopers, hitting them all.

These guys deserve to go to hell. They took Rey from me! Poe thought angrily, blasting a general next to the stormtroopers. He growled, trying to push the thought of Rey's death out of his head. He would deal with that later, when the war was over. But not now. Not in the middle of the battle.

As Poe took down another stormtrooper, he hid behind the metal pillar again, taking shelter. He decided he needed to find Kylo Ren and take him down. Poe wanted Kylo Ren to die. Poe wanted to look Kylo Ren in the face as he killed him, watching Kylo's face twist in pain. The face of someone who had abused his position of power and manipulated naïve Rey.

Poe darted from his hiding spot by the pillar and ran towards one of the entrances to the corridors, blindly shooting anyone who ran towards him. Poe slid through the hallways, randomly running with no plan how to find Kylo Ren.

The florescent lights were still flashing red and buzzing was still going off, causing Poe to hiss in annoyance. He sprinted down the corridors, searching for any sign of Kylo Ren.

Poe heard steps turning towards him and he immediately aimed his gun and pulled the trigger, causing two stormtroopers to clash to the floor, their armour clanging. Poe caught his breath, staring at the dead bodies in hope to get relief in the fact that he killed soldiers who might have helped in killing Rey.

Suddenly, Poe felt a blaster press against his head. Poe straightened his shoulders in shock, then held still. He eyed the person who had a gun to his head- a man dressed in a dark uniform. He looked very official.

Poe glanced at his brass name tag that showed his level- General Fritz. Poe looked back up at the general. He met the general's eyes with hatred. This man helped run the First Order. He might even have been the one to give the order to kill Rey.

"Abandoning the fight?" the general spat, referring to how Poe was in the corridors and not in the landing ship area where most of the battle was taking place. "Coward."

Poe growled. "I am not a coward. I left the battle so I could your Supreme Leader," Poe said, grinding his teeth in anger.

The general released the blaster from Poe's head. "What?!"