chapter thirty-one- midsummer nights

Sorry for the wait:) This chapter.... is one of my favourites. Comment your feelings & thoughts:))

Also comment grammar mistakes!!! I write these at 2am!! These are NOT edited!!!

A week had passed. Ben had given a few speeches explaining his plans for Alderaan, and his termination of the Ultimate Order. Poe and Finn, much to Ben's contempt, had been given spots on his council (of course given military service also: Poe had chosen to stay a pilot, and Finn had taken the job of a groundsmen). Ben had known it would make Rey happy to give Poe and Finn, and if Rey was happy, he was happy. Really. Rey was his life; his sun. He revolved around her.

The last week, every spare moment had gotten, Ben had spent with Rey. They had taken walks in the palace garden, strolled in the city, helped the chef in the palace kitchen, and had played games. Ben hadn't talked to Rey about anything too serious; his words were mostly focused on his recent crowning. The coronation had still been buzzing in both Ben and Rey's minds- Ben's being a king had been something new and exciting.

Poe and Finn had fun making new friends in the military squad. They had shared laughs, made inside jokes, and just had a good time. Poe and Finn loved the uniforms they were given- embroidered with Alderaan's crest- their only wish was that Leia could be there, too.

Beside being around Ben, Rey had taken many walks to the city, just staring at the passerby, enjoying the feeling of not having to do anything. She hadn't had to go fight the leader of some evil dictatorship, or train hard to fight in a monument battle. Rey just... was. And she had been enjoying it. She had spent enough of her life running off and doing crazy things; she had just wanted to settle down.

Finn, clad in Alderaan armour, turned to Rey. Him, Rey, Finn, and some other guards were standing by the palace entrance, chatting. Finn had his back leaned against the palace railing, inspecting his armour. Poe had his arms crossed, standing a few feet away from Finn with the rest of the guards.

"You know, Rey, I wasn't too sure about this whole Alderaan thing, but I'm kind of liking it," Finn said, nodding his head at Rey. "Their military is pretty cool."

One of the guards smirked. "I know, right? The weapons we get are one-of-a-kind."

Poe nodded in agreement. "No fair that you guys have had these kind of weaponry developments," he said, jealousy in his tone.

Rey smiled. "Well, now you get to use them."

"Do you think we'll ever get to use them, use them? As in, fight?" Finn asked, his eyes set on Rey's.

Rey sighed, downcast at the thought. "I hope not. I've had enough of war and fighting."

Poe scoffed. "The greatest Jedi is tired of fighting? You're giving me majour Luke Skywalker vibes."

Finn laughed, then quickly stopped, putting a hand to his mouth, seeing Rey's unamused reaction. He stifled his laugh, coughing, and turned his lips into a thin line, trying not to smile at the joke.

"I just... I'm tired, you know?" Rey said seriously, looking off into the blue sky that enveloped them. "It'd be nice to settle down. Get married. Have kids. I don't know."

"KIDS?" Poe said, his eyes wide, laughing, as if Rey had just told a hilarious joke. "You think Mr. I-hate-everything is going to want kids?!" Poe laughed heartily, shaking his head in disbelief.

"What? It was just a thought," Rey said defensively, crossing her arms.

The guards looked at each other before walking down the steps, realising it had turned into a more personal conversation.