"injuries" {iwaoi}

iwaizumi hajime x oikawa tooru

i really like iwaoi
«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"You annoy me, Shittykawa," I mumble as I step into Oikawa's hospital room uninvited. Tooru looks up at me from his hospital bed as he peers through his glasses under those pretty eyelashes of his. The heart monitor beeps loudly every so often beside the boy in the hospital gown.

"Iwa-chan! You came!" The setter cheers when I walk further into the room, closing the door behind me. I hold my hand behind my back, hiding what I brought to my childhood friend.

"Are you feeling alright?" I grunt and Oikawa pouts at his hospitalized state.

"For sure! But my knee still is bothering me..." He trails off. I sigh and glance at his elevated knee while I shake my head. Tooru is now simply looking down, sadly staring at his injury.

I can't help but to feel bad for him. Volleyball is very close to Oikawa, and I know that, as it's close to me too. Seeing himself hurt like that is... depressing.

Ugh, gross. Thinking like that isn't my style.

"You will be okay trashykawa." I deadpan. He looks up at me, suddenly beaming.

Another change in his unpredictable mood?

"But Iwa-chan!! Little Tobio is going to surpass me while I'm hospitalized like this!" Tooru groans and squirms around in response to my statement.

I roll my eyes, before setting a small card onto the tray before him. It's teal and is sealed with a volleyball sticker.

"From the team..." I murmur as Trashykawa smiles widely. He rips the envelope open to see a nicely decorated 'get well soon' card with the team's signatures all over it.

Oikawa looks like he's about to burst into tears as he hugs the card to his chest tightly. His smile is so perfect when he's happy.

Did I just describe his smile as per—?

"If I could hug you Iwa-chan, I totally could right now!" He beams flashing his teeth at me again, "Actually, c'mere!" He exclaims holding his arms out like he's trying to accept Jesus into his life.

"Uh..." I look at him questionably, raising an eyebrow. I fight the faint blush on my cheeks from rising when he extends his arms wider, really wanting a hug.

"Don't leave me hanging~!" He sings as I roll my eyes and sigh, shuffling near him. I lean down and enter his embrace, while wrapping my arms around his neck as comfortably as possible being that he's sitting up in a bed.

Oh, I could get use to this; the feeling of Oikawa's arms wrapped around me, I mean. I bury my face in the crook of his neck and he seems to hug me tighter. This hug was somehow so full of emotion, and so full of memory.

"You smell like cedar wood!" Tooru chirps. I scoff, my breath naturally hitting his neck. Crappykawa shivers beneath me.

"Don't scare me every again, Tooru," I mumble into his neck, before pulling away to see a starry-eyed Oikawa grinning like an idiot up at me.

"Never again, Hajime, never again!" Oikawa salutes like a soldier almost adorably. I can feel my face heat up and this time I don't push the feeling down.

If only you really knew how much you mean to me...