"observant" {kuroken}

kenma kozume x kuroo tetsuro

ballsy kenma
«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"Kenmaaa!" Kuroo whines, poking my side. I roll my eyes as I continue to play Animal Crossing on my Nintendo DS. He frowns when I pay him no mind as all I'm really trying to do right now is pay off my debt. He continues to poke my side until I acknowledge his presence. I slowly look up, glancing over at him as the sun sets in my DS game.

"What?" I ask in a monotone voice. He invited me over, but I'm not sure what he expected when he did, knowing that all I do is lay on his bed in odd positions to play DS games. Last week I played Pokémon, and the week before I played Super Smash Bros.

"You never talk to me! You're always wrapped up in that game, not that I mind, it's who you are but give me some looooovee Kenma!" Kuroo drags out the word love. I don't know what he's talking about because I never gave him "love" in the first place and we aren't even dating but I let it slide. I side eye him.

"You should be more observant!! Look at the world around you more, yeah?" He grins, and if I wasn't his friend his grin would definitely creep me out. I roll my eyes for the hundredth time today before I click save on the game in front of me, watching the loading sign swirl around in circles before the screen becomes pitch black. I close the DS, turning to him while sitting up on the back of my heels.

"Yay!" He cheers.

"You say I'm not observant?" I cock my head to the side innocently as the familiar pink dusts Kuroo's cheeks. He's really easy to read, everytime I do that it gets him everytime.

"I see the way you look at me in practice, you watch me when I set," I start, watching him shift under my gaze. Before he speaks, I interrupt him.

"And the way you trip over your words around me. You always keep an eye on me out of the corner of your eyes too," I state. Kuroo gulps.

"You constantly go out of your way to relate to me and brag about me everywhere you go. You're blushing right now because you can't handle how much attention I'm giving you," I slowly crawl towards him a little more until I'm only a foot away from him. I sit back on my heels as I watch his face turn a darker shade of red, one I haven't seen before.

"You growl under your breath when I talk to Shouyo, and you wait for me to fall asleep first when we have sleepovers. You're protective over me around larger groups of people because you recognize how I can get," I count on my fingers like I'm listing off something casual. Kuroo blinks twice but stays silent.

"I bet I can map out every part of your body while blindfolded like I know it, because I've admired you long enough to do that..." This time I'm the one to shamefully look away as I say that. I chew on my bottom lip nervously, unsure if I over shared every detail.

But I tear my eyes back to him, to conclude my tangent.

"Tell me Kuroo, am I not observant enough for you?" I genuinely ask. He looks at me for a moment while thinking.

"You're perfect, Kozume," Kuroo shakily breathes before leaning in, caressing the sides of my face while capturing my lips in an embrace.

My eyes widen in shock but I quickly melt into the kiss but as soon as it happened was as soon as it was over. Kuroo pulls away, as his eyes flutter open.

Kuroo regains his composure before speaking.

"Kenma, will you go out with me?" He honestly asks, as he holds both of my hands in his. We lock eyes for a long while, and a strand of hair falls in my face.

"Sure."

644 words