"valentine's day" {asanoya}

nishinoya yuu x asahi azumane

act like it's not 1 am when i'm posting this and like it's still valentine's day i'm an hour late

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

My calloused hands sweat while packing up the gear from practice as I keep catching myself glancing at Nishinoya from a cross the gym, chewing my bottom lip nervously. It was seriously our day to close up on Valentine's Day of all days, I really am going to have to chew out Daichi when I see him next for doing this to me. 

Grunting as I pick up a pole, I begin to walk into the storage closet, feeling immense anxiety when I hear the squeak of Yuu's shoes approaching e from behind. I let out a short yet shaky sigh, as the shorter male's hands are now wrapped around the pole too to my left. 

"Need some help, Asahi?" He cheers excitedly as I glance down at the boy, showing a small yet weary smile. The way he says my name replays in my head and echoes on repeat throughout my skull. I could never get tired of it. 

"Um, no, I'm alright but it seems like you're already next to me--" I begin to explain myself until I heard the clink of the pole set in stone on the cart. Nishinoya grins at the catty before directing his attention to me.

"That's all! Let's hit the showers!" He holds a thumbs up towards me as his eyes beam brightly, as the bleached fringe of his hair dangles in his face perfectly. Sweat causes his clothes to staccato his skin, outlining his figure, and baby hairs stick to his forehead as I look him up and down slightly. 

"Sure."

Nishinoya hums when he's standing in front of his locker, a towel strewn around his neck as he digs through his bag after the shower for an extra shirt. I fumble with a package in front of me beside him as I stall by pretending like I'm searching for something in my locker. In reality, I'm waiting for Yuu to put on a shirt so I can look him completely in the eye when I speak to the smaller one. 

I'm supposed to be the strong one! I'm taking the initiative! Why can't I act like it?

Nishinoya mumbles something under his breath along the lines of, 'I can't believe I forgot a shirt,' before I ignore whatever he said to close my locker door. Turning to the boy, I give his locker door a slight nudge to grab his attention, allowing him into my view. 

"Oh, Asahi, do you ha--" He cuts himself off when his eyes trail down to the box of chocolates paired with a card in my hand as I feel the pang of embarrassment seep into my cheeks when he stays silent. 

"T-These are for you..."I say, biting my tongue after I stutter. My gaze averts to the ground as if it wasn't already there.

"Look at me," He demands. I comply by looking slightly up at him, distracted by his collarbones. If you were me, you'd definitely be distracted too.

He hums when he locks eyes with my chocolate ones, a soft smile growing on his face when he sees my nose tinted rose.

"I wanna hear you say it," He says, voice soft and fragile as he kindly edges me to ask the question he's expecting.

"Er, yeah, do you want to be my valentine?" I hesitantly ask after being prompted. He grins and nods his head, before motioning for me to bend down.

I make myself shorter by a few inches before he grabs ahold of the back of my head, tangling his hands in my messy bun before he presses a solid, loving kiss onto my forehead. He skillfully pulls the hair tie out of my hair as the brown locks fall to my shoulder in the process. I panic for a moment, as he ruffles my hair smirking, fixing the mess he usually doesn't see free.

"I'd love to be your valentine."