"patches" {tsukkiyama}

tadashi yamaguchi x kei tsukishima

i accidentally combined two different tsukkiyama ideas with this one ..
«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"...Tsk, that hurts."

"Gomen, Tsukki..."

Currently I'm rubbing alcohol on the tall blonde's wounds, because the middle found himself in a fight three on one. I fumble with a wound on the side of his cheek, oddly close to the other as I shift uncomfortably, leaning forward to cleanse the bleeding scrape. I dab it softly with a pad but Tsukki manages to flinch everytime, face scrunched up tight. I frown.

"You know you didn't have to do that, right?" I cock my head to the side as I continue.

"Of course I didn't have to, I wanted to," He hisses as my heart almost jumps out of my chest.

Because I've had a tiny crush on Tsukki for as long as I can remember. There was something about the boy that just made my heart race and my stomach flutter, and as cliche as it sounds it's so true. I couldn't help but to fall for the boy who seemed to always be protecting me since day one, which is a little pathetic to admit but he was always there for me when I needed him; despite his cold demeanor.

I'd even go as far to say he means the world to me.

Tsukishima scowls under his breath as I clean the wound; maybe taking a little too much time to run my hands along the latter's cheeks, just to see what it would feel like to touch his face a little longer. My fingertips graze his face as he stays quiet below me.

"You shouldn't have done that..." I whisper slightly, now pressing gauze to his left side to stop the bleeding. "Everyone's going to ask where you got this, and it'll turn into a nasty scar."

"Nothing I can do about it now—"He replies "—besides, I'll tell anyone who asks the story of how I beat the shit out of three kids who bullied you." My face flushes red at his words.

From childhood he's always protected me without hesitation, but now that we're older it feels so much different. Almost like it's personal.

When the three guys jumped Tsukishima I was afraid. So afraid that I had caused Tsukki to suffer, that he may regret his actions later. But the worst part about it was that I could only sit and watch like the coward I am. So how could he say such things, and proclaim something so broadly.

"Step back, Yamaguchi," Tsukki lowly growls, rolling his sleeves up as the three ill-willed students smirk.

"What are you going to do about it four-eyes?" One boy shouts, brunette and shorter than Tsukishima. The boy cracks his knuckles.

"Mad that we punched your boyfriend~?" Another teases. I widen my eyes, because we're in fact not dating, and up until now I expected Tsukki to have negative feelings towards the LGBT community.

It seems silly that I'd think that though, because despite his judgmental appearance I should know out of all people that he's generally open and accepting. But a part of my heart continued to guard that part of myself from him, well, until the bullies figured out my secret through an old childhood friend of mine.

"How about we not pick on someone for being who they are." Kei quips as he swings, almost knocking the first brunette out. The teen crashes to the ground from the surprising amount of brute force the blonde weld. The other two square up as the shorter stumbles to his feet.

"What are you, gay?" He spits.

"Sorry you had to find out I was bisexual.. like this," I croak awkwardly when the bleedings stopped as I turn around to reach for the final small bandage that would cover the injury. I hide my embarrassment this way.

I search around a bit for the size I'm looking for before turning back around. He locks his golden eyes with mine oddly as I feel my next line that I had been preparing hitch in my throat.

"I don't mind, really," He plainly replies. I blink for a couple seconds before my face lights up.

"R-really? Tsukki!" I exclaim, excited, tempted to lean into a hug but I shove that  urge down, energetically rocking back in forth on my heels.

But Tsukishima opens his arms wide, as if inviting the hug moments after, reading me perfectly as he looks off to the side slightly, bashful. His arms lean a little against the back of the couch as he tries to keep his posture as welcoming as possible.

So cute...

"You look like you wanted a hug, so—" Before he can even finish I've practically wrapped my arms around his neck as I straddle Tsukki in a tightly bound hug. Almost nuzzling my face into the other uninjured crook of his neck, I catch wafts of his ocean breeze cologne.

But I realize the situation and only seconds after he wraps his arms around my back, I pull away from him slightly. I sit rather on my own heels towards him, careful not to lower myself completely down onto him for obvious reasons. I look awkwardly down at Tsukishima as he looks up at me slightly puzzled.

"Ah! Um, sorry I kind of almost came onto you like that. I-I know it was just a hug, but now that you know I'm bi, it, I don't know might make you unc—" I begin to ramble.

"Tadashi, I'm gay."

"WHAT?!"

I widen my eyes as he rests his hands on my hips lightly. I can feel my heartbeat begin to pick up as my palms grow sweaty. I can't help but go crazy over his touch and the words he just said.

My mind spins, as my imagination races the realistic side of my brain. And oh, is my imagination definitely taking the lead. I think of the different scenarios and my heart begins to pick up as I'm practically lost in my own wonderland.

Honestly, I shouldn't be that surprised. He never talked about girls or had a girlfriend. Even when I had small tiny crushes on random girls, he never replied like he could relate or understand; not that I minded.

"Ahem?" He clears his throat, noticing my dazed state. My cheeks dust pink, as my eyes widen, refocusing onto the situation.

And what he said begins to sink in. Is he implying that we could be compatible? Was it an indirect confession? Is it just him coming out? Is he outing himself just to make me feel better?

"Tsukki! You just can't say things like that so casually!" I manage a proper reply, clutching the collar of his shirt before pulling him into a tighter hug.

A hug that meant a million words. A hug that showed Tsukishima that I was proud of him for being so comfortable. A hug that thanked him for all he's done. Properly. But it somehow ended with an apology as I hold him as close as possible, head snug against his neck.

Kei pets the back of my hair softly, wrapping the other around my mid section as he pulls my freckled face into his embrace.

"Gomen, Yamaguchi," He murmurs into my ear, a soft smile gracing his features.