"protagonist" {kagehina}

kageyama tobio x shoyo hinata

manga creators au :)
«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"Seriously Hinata?! Daichi set the deadline tomorrow dumbass! Do you want to get paid?!" I scowl, as I glance behind me at Hinata as he's working away at his computer in the joint cubical with me.

"What's so bad about having a happy go lucky main character?!" He questions back, equally as frustrated.

"That would be too surface leveled! What else is he aside from happy?!" I furrow my eyebrows deleting some of the only work we have for our main character off of the google doc in front of me.

"I don't know! He could be kind too!" Shoyo exclaims and I sigh heavily.

"Come on, give him some flavor. No trauma? No nothing?" I hiss back.

"Not everyone goes through traumatizing events, Tobio!" I flinch when he uses my first name, as little butterflies start to fill my stomach. I push the random feeling down when Suga is suddenly standing in the middle of our space.

"Keep it down you two," He warns, eyeing me the most. "Daichi's not going to be too happy when you give him a incomplete character list full of random and killable insignificant characters without a main one."

"Sorry Suga!" Hinata quickly apologizes, spinning his chair so he's facing the grey haired male. He lounges casually, his arm slump against the back of the chair while his leg is propped up on the seat, showing his dirtied black converse to everyone in the cubical. His small frame somehow allows him to relax in the most odd positions in these pretty uncomfortable chairs as he often moves around constantly.

"Could you at least hand over the side character list? You know my pay depends on you both as well, I can't draw a nonexistent character," Suga deadpans while Hinata scrambles for the extras page. Shoyo outstretches an arm before apologizing again.

"Sorry again, Senpai!" He bows his head slightly.

"Stop apologizing idiot!" I chime in annoyed with his cute voice apologizing so much.

Suga chuckles as he takes the paper and begins to walk away.

"Good luck boys!" He waves us off and I sigh in pure exhaustion. For three whole days we've been brainstorming one main character for our new manga idea. Surprisingly, Daichi thought it was a good pitch and gave us the all clear to begin working.

"Let's talk about this over lunch," I mumble, spinning my chair all the way around to face Hinata. He nods slowly, clearly mentally exhausted as well from all of the work we've been doing this past week.

When we enter the small café a couple blocks away from our work, a cheerful tune is heard when I hold the door for my smaller coworker.

We order and after our nice waiter who goes by the last name of 'Yamaguchi' hands us our food, I pull out my laptop.

Shoyo on the other hand is devouring his avocado toast and chugging his sweet tea. I blink a couple of times before going to start up my laptop as he digs into his meal.

I glance outside at the busy streets through the cafe's window thinking about what makes a good protagonist. Of course, Hinata and I know what makes a good main character— being that we went to college for the same degree but for some reason it's difficult working with the other's ideas. We both have different ideas of where we want this character to go.

Our character should be likeable, have a lot of growth and development as a person, and should be relatable according to my education. I, however am a fan of more eccentric, unique, and unrelatable characters that are charming in their own way. Hinata thinks like he's coming straight out of a writing college textbook.