"the bus ride" {iwaoi}

iwaizumi hajime x oikawa tooru

umm this isn't sinful enough for me to warn you about i'm just a baby but like... it honestly ain't that bad but since i wrote it i am crying

greentealatte21 ....
badgurlkay ....

the most scandalous thing i've written is here for y'all 😳

i think i'm overhyping it it's not that bad
«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

I stumble onto the bus after our recent practice games, feeling sleepiness sink into my consciousness. While Oikawa was busy talking to coach off the bus somewhere, I climb up the stairs and glance over everyone seated. It's fairly loud, and everyone chats excitedly for some reason as I slowly make my way towards the back of the bus.

Hanamaki snickers at my tired looking expression before going back to chatting with Mattsun as I glance at all the empty seats I pass before slumping in the back of the bus. I lean my head back onto the seat, closing my eyes and sighing heavily as my head rests against the dense material.

Suddenly, I feel a dip in the seat beside me as I furrow my eyebrows in frustration. Because honestly, who the fuck would sit next to me when our bus is near empty. There's plenty of seats to choose from—

I open my eyes and lift my head to be met with Oikawa's overly innocent expression. I don't bother to question why he looks especially innocent right now. My eye twitches as I look at the male, not bothered enough to speak to him as I lean my head back once more. However, the stiff bus seat makes it uncomfortable. I mentally sigh, knowing I won't be able to get comfortable the same way again. I growl under my breath, rubbing my neck, before I hear Assikawa's annoying chirp in my ear.

"Iwa-chan, you can always sleep on my shoulder you know!" He offers and I shake my head before the bus begins to pull away from the parking lot.

Hills roll by us as the sun sets on the bus, making it darker than before as we're driving in the middle of nowhere all the way back home. The stars twinkle above us and the hum of the bus's engine is loud enough to mask the noises of our conversation.

"In your dreams Shittykawa..." I murmur when the bus begins to quiet down, everyone running out of steam from the intense games and practices earlier.

"Awe, but you used to all the time when we were kids!" He says in a sing song toned voice as I pinch the bridge of my nose.

"Tch," I manage to get out in embarrassment from the mention of our very platonic childhood. I glance out the window, watching the scenery unfold until I turn my attention to Tooru when I hear his body shift next to me unreasonably.

When I glance at him, he's leaning towards me until his mouth is relatively close to my ear. His hot breath near my neck causes me to freeze where I'm at. Confused, I just stare at the seat ahead of me wondering what he could be doing, but the situation can't help but cause a light blush to dust my face.

I would be lying if I said I didn't have a thing for my best friend.

Oikawa rests a hand on my shoulder, when he leans in and begins to speak.

"You know you want to..." He murmurs into my ear, but his tone is so sultry and almost dirty if you took it out of context as I bite my lip to keep me from regretting anything I do or say next. He then leans back casually while yawning, acting like he didn't just succeed at flustering me.