"a writer's block" {asanoya}

nishinoya yuu x asahi azumane

author/editor au
«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

The coffee shop bell dings when I enter the small establishment as I readjust my navy blue trench-coat as I hold the door for a taller lady. I wave to the manager working behind the counter and his assistant Suga.

The sun shines brightly through the enormous windows, the lighting doing justice to my long time editor and coworker Asahi Azumane. I slide into the chair directly across from the man as the latter types away at his computer, unaware of my presence. I let my computer bag slump onto the ground before leaning forward to block Asahi's screen with my hands.

"Oh! Noya, I didn't see you, I'm so sorry!" He hastily apologizes, while shutting his laptop quickly.

"It's no biggie!" I chirp, looking over Asahi's formal outfit. He wears a sweater vest over a collared shirt like he has every other time we've met and he grins widely when I look back up to meet his eyes. The professional outfit looks so hot on him. I slightly bite my lip at the extremely random thoughts rushing to my head.

"So today's rough draft of your 32nd chapter is due today..." He trails off, waiting for the action he's expecting.

I pull out my laptop as he had predicted as I load all of my thousand tabs. I take a gamble about which one is which when I quickly turn the screen back around to Asahi. His eyes scan over the document, widening in some places and he's covering his face for the most part.

Not going to lie, it's a bit weird seeing him act that way. I didn't think this chapter was all too filling or scary, that's what I needed the most help with, but Azumane clears his throat well before the chapter could possibly be over.

"N-nishinoya, are you sure this is your 32nd chapter.....?" He hesitantly asks, eyes darting around the shop. I nod eagerly, before slowing the nod when I realized I didn't really check what tab I had pulled up.

"Um... it should be—" I pulls the laptop towards me only to cut myself off when I see what document was really being read.

Shit, shit, shit, he's reading the diary entry I wrote yesterday about him.

Tons of embarrassing and taunting words flooded my field of vision, as I feel a blush rising to my cheeks. I cover my face in shame as I shake my head, groaning both internally and externally about the mistake I had just made.

"I'm so sorry," I profusely apologize, "It's okay if you don't want to be my editor anymore, and if it's awkward between us I didn't mean for you to read—"

"It's okay."

I look up to see Asahi smiling, his grin is wide and he looks so peaceful and content with the situation. His polished eyebrows are even relaxed and I can still smell the scent of citrus radiating off of him through this chaotic moment. The smell brings me to my senses and my reality as I widen my eyes.

"I kind of like you too," He admits before resting his chin in the palm of his hand, elbow against the table. Azumane covers his mouth as he glances off to the side outside the window as he bounces his leg under the table, heat rising to his face.

"Really? 'Cuz, uh..." I fumble with my words, scratching the back of my neck. Asahi's about to speak until Suga shows up with our usual coffee order.

"Here you two go! On the house for our most loyal customers!" He grins while I give him a death glare. Koushi only winks before skipping away as I go back to what he was about to say.

"...I really want to go out with you sometime," I quickly blurt out. Asahi blinks for a second, as his face flushes one more time at my direct words.

"O-Okay," He smiles as I mentally high-five myself. Nice going, Noya, you got the boy.

"But, where's your chapter...?" He hesitantly asks, still remembering his job. My mouth forms an 'o' so I click the right tab, actually loading the chapter.

I turn the laptop around to face the taller man.

"It's here, but it won't be as entertaining as my love letter~" I flirt a bit, testing my waters as he buries his face in his hands for one moment, easily flushing. I smile a bit to myself as I watch him read, hands behind my head. I study his reactions to different parts, the cute raises of his eyebrows and the purse of his lips when he sees a part that's interesting to him.

Yup, I could get used to this.