The Descent

Woods...

Jules wakes up lying in the woods naked. She has blood and dirt on her lips. She gets up, walks and finds mutilated bodies. She puts on some of the campers' clothes and puts the limbs together so she can make a fire. She's starting the fire when a policeman arrives. He gets out of his car and come towards her. She's kneeling on the ground before a tent, pretending to be crying, "Good morning. Is everything alright here?" The police man asks.

"It was an animal. A wolf. It came at us in the night," Jules fake cries.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes. But my friends...They're all dead."

"I'm calling it in."

She nods. He goes towards his car but Jules hits him with a wooden stick two times. She kills him.

Salvatore Boarding House...

Elena enters Stefan's bedroom, "Stefan? Stefan? You're standing right behind me, aren't you?" Elena smirks.

"Yep," Stefan answers. She turns around and kisses him. "Good morning."

"I don't want us to be apart anymore. Ever."

"Me neither, but..."

"Don't ruin the moment," They kiss again but Stefan stops. "You're about to ruin the moment, aren't you?"

"I'm totally ruining the moment. Look, I can't just pretend like everything is okay."

"Katherine's locked away in the tomb."

"I know but we still have this pressing little issue of you and Blair being Klaus' human sacrifice," She opens one of Stefan's drawers, removes a vial of vervain and and opens it.

"Yes but Elijah promised to keep me and everyone else safe as long as we play by his rules."

"Right. As long as you both play by his rules."

She puts the vervain in a glass, "Please don't go after Isobel."

"Katherine said Isobel could have some answers and I just have a couple questions, that's all."

She pours water in the glass with the vervain in it. She drinks, "Stefan, I made a deal with Elijah."

"Right, you made a deal with him. I didn't make one. You should keep your deal. What was Blair's deal with him?"

"I don't remember. Stefan, I don't want anyone else to get hurt."

"When have I ever wanted somebody to get hurt?"

She shows him the glass, "Vervain. I made it light but are you sure? Just because Katherine built up a tolerance..."

"Yes, bottoms up," He takes the glass and drinks but ends up on the floor coughing. After a moment he recovers and stands up.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah."

"How can Elijah compel another vampire?"

"He's an original. I don't really know what that means. I don't think anybody really knows what that means. Well, except maybe Isobel. Maybe we should ask her," He kisses her and leaves.

Rose is in the library, she seems sick. Damon enters her carrying a blood bag, "I was born in 1450, that makes me 560 years old," Rose blurts out.

"Well, if you were a bottle of wine..." Damon jokes.

"So I can die. I've lived long enough."

"You know, if you're gonna be morn, I'm just gonna kill you myself just to put me out of your misery," He pours blood from the bag into a glass. "Come on, it's just a little werewolf bite."