Ghost World

Salvatore Boarding House...

Damon is tied to a chair. A fireplace stoker is in his chest. His ring is on the floor. Mason is watching him, "Oh, you got to be kidding me. How are you doing this Blair?" Damon asks.

"I'm not. As much as I would love to and the way I am enjoying this I keep telling you it's Mason," I say again for the last time.

"Then why isn't he tying you up?"

"She is way more powerful than I am," Mason reveals looking back at me.

"He said because i'm way more powerful than him," I repeat.

"Are you really?" Damon asks. I nod. "Oh, Stefan. Low blow, Stefan. Low blow."

Stefan appears, "What the hell happened to you? Blair what's going on?" Stefan asks. I walk over to him.

"Whatever twisted ripper and psychic girlfriend game this is, leave me out of it."

"We aren't doing this. I have been around Blair for a whole summer and she isn't able to do this."

"I keep telling him it's Mason," I say to Stefan and he holds me.

"Quit screwing around!" Damon says.

"How do you know it's Mason?" Stefan asks.

"I can see him. I knew this was coming and I tried to say something but he poisoned me with peppermints."

"You gave Blair peppermints?!" Stefan yells.

"Hey! Your real girlfriend asked me to," Damon says.

Stefan checks the chains, "It's pretty messed up though, isn't it?"

"Yep," Stefan removes the iron stick. Damon screams. Stefan begins to remove the chains but stops.

"Just as messed up as you giving Blair peppermints. He kind of deserves this. How about we get out of here."

"How about you guys help me?"

"I would love to help you but I like that you are suffering. Stefan that would actually be great," I smiled. I look at Mason who chuckles. Stefan holds out his hand and I take it and leave. Mason is watching us but Damon can't see him.

"Yeah, not to worry. I'll just untangle myself," Damon sighs. Mason opens the curtains so the sunlight can enter the room. Damon's skin burns. He screams.

Town Square...

A group of volunteers are preparing the town for the Night of Illuminations. Some are hanging lanterns from the trees. Carol Lockwood is making a speech for the volunteers and the citizens, "As a long-time member of the Historical Society, I am especially proud to be kicking off this day of festivities. Thank you, volunteers. Tonight, we turn off our town's lights and flare up our lanterns in honor of the night of illumination started by our founders 150 years ago. Here's founding family member Tobias Fell with a history lesson," Carol says. Everyone applause. Alaric and Jeremy are listening to the speech.

"What are we doing here?" Jeremy asks.

"Tobias Fell is the head of the history department. I didn't have a choice," Alaric explains.

"All right, that explains what you're doing here."

"Well, I'm the one who can fail you if you don't help me out."

Elena rejoins them, "Hey, sorry I'm late. What did I miss?"

Anna is standing behind Jeremy but only Jeremy can see her, "Just a bunch of historical lies," Anna whispers.