[9] Crazy women hits me hard in the gut

I was lying in the hospital bed, again.​
Other than a couple of bruises as scratches I was as good as new, although Dr. Cherrylove strongly insisted that I rest. True I was tired, and the doctors told me I may leave as soon as I was rested. It was night outside and the lights has been turned off. I was alone (except for the 24/7 hospital monitor of course). The air felt dry, the bed was soft; altogether it was perfect conditions for sleeping. I closed my eyes and I slept like a corpse. But the night didn't end there.

***

​When I opened my eyes again, I saw myself standing on the top of a building overlooking a city below. All of it seemed familiar to me, too familiar.

BOOM!

The ground beneath me shook as smoke rose from across the horizon.

No...it's just a dream, just a dream...

A single beam of blue flashed below me.

Curses!

Next thing I knew, I was running towards the door and rushing down the stairs as if they were a single long slide.

"ILLYRIA!!!"

It was just like that time, It couldn't be helped...I couldn't help it...

It all happened like last time, I threw a rock at the death walker. I ran. Ran down the streets like the very physical embodiment of wind its self. Unrestrained and uncontainable.

Why can't I stop!?

It was almost as if my brain had been hijacked or like this whole dream was just some kind of film, the one where they strap you to a chair to watch but not to interact. If it were that case, then I demand at least a Stardelight new Smores to sip on at the same time.
I entered the building. I ran up the fire escape. A storm of lead chased after me as I make a narrow escape.

CAN'T BREATHE!!!...

I was suffocating, yet my feet has long betrayed me and developed a mind of their own as I ran on like an automation. Before I could protest I was already halfway through; running across the parking lot of the 3rd floor.

No...not this again...

A hole erupted from the floor, concreate and dust were blasted everywhere. I was coughing, I felt something sharp pierce on my right cheek. This was real as it got, if not more so.

CURSES! MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP!

My cries were no use, they were as good as a fart in a blanket (its bad trust me). I looked down at the twenty foot iron behemoth below me; it stared back. The fear was genuine, I reached out for the nearest thing I could grab: the car bumper. It felt cool in my hands, it felt heavy. This was the very instrument I used to slay the Deathwalker pilot.

CURSES! WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN! CURSES!

I was screaming and howling in my mind, yet all I could do was watch myself pick up the bumper and charge over the ledge.

AGRHHHHH!!!

I was falling once again. Bullets wrapped around me in the air like a steel tornado, there was no way out, only downwards. Then I saw it and never in my life could I erase this part of my memory:

A face, an ordinary face just like millions of others individuals walking on the street stared back at me through the dark visor. His expression was one of fury, with enough rage to blow up a thousand suns. The face the man had looked so familiar it could have been my cousin, my brother or even twin. But one look in his eyes told me he was desperate; desperate for his life. He wanted to live, he didn't want to die.
The face was mine.