[20] Isa calls him 'sir'

Isa and me, side by side we were an invincible combo; mostly it was Isa though. As we made our ways towards the crowd, they began to expanded out into a semi-circle, unwarily trapping us. It didn't matter, because we were two beasts that just couldn't be contained; mostly Isa though.

I gazed upon the crowd, they were swearing and spitting, but none dared to actually attack us. Just when I thought the tension would last forever, a voice on a loudspeaker came up:

"All civilians stand down! This is your last warning!"

The crowd evaporated around us as armored vehicles and police cars poured into the courtyard. In less than a minute, the crowd was replaced with an impressive formation of police cars and armored vehicles.

"Dang..." I found myself muttering.

To be honest I was disappointed there wasn't a fight. I still had a lot of anger for the injustices the mob committed and I still wanted to reply to with my fists. But when I looked to Isa her expression was masked all too well.

"Put your hands behind your back and get on the ground now!" came another voice from the loudspeaker, and it took me a moment to realize it was directed at us. When I saw Isa getting on the ground, I followed. A moment later a couple of offices walked up to us and patted us down and read us our rights as procedure. Then amongst them a new voice spoke up:

"Lieutenant Isa."

Isa looked up to the figure, there was a slight pause before she responded:

"General Rojin."

General Rojin was about six feet tall and appeared to be in his mid-twenties. He had black spiky hair and deep brown eyes. He wore a pair of frame glasses and blue uniform.

"No need for the titles." Rojin turned to his officers and said, "No need to search them, they're my people."

"Yes sir!" the officer replied as the pair previously searching us immediately let us go.

"So, what are you doing in Ayre?" Rojin said, turning back to Isa.

"Mission purposes."

"I see."

"I should ask you the same questions sir?"

Rojin was like an encrypted computer, with his mind running millions of calculations at once, but his expression betrayed not a single byte of information.

"Mission purposes. I have recently been given the position 'Head Director of the Special Task Forces', I am posted in Ayre now." Rojin said calmly.

"Good to know sir."

"Hmm...Who is that boy over there?" he said as he spared me a glance.

"My current trainee." Isa replied.

"I see...wait, that arm...is he the boy who fought the Deathwalker bare handed?"

"I had a car bumper." I spoke up.

Isa looked at me sharply, though Rojin looked like he didn't care.

"Ah I see." He stared at my left arm for a good half minute then turned away.

"I have other business to attend now, if you need a ride, just ask my men."
Just like that, he left.

"Fresh meat." Isa voice came snapping from behind.

"Yes sir?..." my voice trembled a bit.

"When you are addressing to me or your superiors, make sure you address them with their proper titles and respect, or you're gonna become dead meat."