[44] Caves...Again

Curses.

We were back in the caves once again. If I could convert half of my bad jinxes into good ones, I would literally have enough jackpot to buy the whole Stardelight Corporation. Except this time it wasn't just me and Kuro, we had a small convoy of MS accompanying us, with Isa and Rumble and half a hundred more equipped with MS. Kuro and I were the only ones who didn't have an MS; the envy is real. Rojin was still in the command centre. It was reasonable for a general to command from the back lines; but he was probably holding back because was still suspicious of Kuro. It was understandable, he was the Rebels no.1 enemy and Kuro had attempted to assassinate him hours ago.
There wasn't any fog in the tunnel but the reception was still really bad: 9 words out of 10 were pure static. The tunnel was about as big as the ones before, but everyone was inside their MS so we had to all march in single file. And from what I can tell from standing behind, even Isa was having trouble walking in a straight line. Then out of the blue, Isa who was marching in front of me spoke up:

"Fresh meat."

"Yes sir?" I replied casually.

"I apologize."

What!? Did the demon herself just apologize to me? I must be high on drugs or something...

"Wait what? Sir, what are you apologizing for???"

"For turning you into half-dead meat."

"Its ok sir..." Though I didn't sound so sure myself.

And I did, Rojin would almost certainly have had me executed for treason otherwise. Feeling that Isa was about to continue, I cut her off:

"To be honest, there is no reason for you to apologize, rather, I feel like I owe you one myself."

There was a long pause, then finally she said:

"It is my duty as commander to protect my subordinates." She paused then added: "But that rebel meat, I still do not trust her."

"But she saved me from Soulsteel!" I argued.

"Then have you ever thought of what will happen after Soulsteel is neutralized?"

"I don't to think she will betray us, at least that's what I think..." my voice trailed off.

"Thoughts do not matter, only actions. So if the rebel meat does betray us, do not hesitate to shoot her. And that is an order fresh meat."

If she had eyes in her back, then I certainly felt its line of sight now. Then reluctantly I answered in a low voice:

"Yes sir."

We marched on for about another half hour, then the tunnel suddenly widened, and the soldiers halted and spread out like a funnel.

"Sir? What's going on...?" I asked, as Isa completely ignores my question and yells over my voice:

"What's the hold up?" As she yelled, men parted way for her, and just I kind of followed up behind her, all the way up to the front.

"2ft of reinforced steel gate sir!" One of the solider knocks on the steel.

Enclaved on the cave wall before us was a rusty steel vault door that was large enough to let even a tank pass through.

"Reinforced steel huh..." Isa rubbed her chin, paused then ordered:

"Squad 3, fetch the drill..."

"No need." Kuro cut her off and everyone, including myself, just stared at her.

"Back up." When no one moved. Isa, glanced at Kuro and repeated the rebel's order:

"Everyone 30ft back."

We all hastily backed up our formation, and formed a massive semi-circle around Kuro. Whom unslings her massive sniper rifle and took up a shooting position with one knee on the ground. And before my hands could even reach my ears, she let loose a shot:

BANG!

For a moment all I could hear was the sound of a single hollow shell dancing on the ground. At that point my eyes were nailed to Kuro. She skillfully reloaded and fired another shot.

BANG!

There were two large metal creases on the door, both on the handle. All was quiet, as we all watched Kuro rapidly reload then back away. For a moment nothing happened, as everyone just stood still and stared at the steel gate. Next came a series of loud metal creaking, as cracks began to appear and stretch from the edge of the vault door. Soon the whole tunnel was shaking like an earthquake, and the entire door peeled off the cave wall and landed only few away from us with an earthshaking force, literally.
Silence, as a tunnel of light flood from the vacant hole of where the vault door used to be.

"Formation 3! Move out!" We scrambled into formation and with Isa at the head we marched into the light. Blinking hard I could make out a massive cavern, with the ceiling soaring 10 or maybe 20 stories high with blinding white lights dotted all over it. And all around the side lay mining equipment: drills, pickaxes, trucks.... At the center, stood a familiar figure tall and evil, whose shape I could recognize from leagues away.

"Sorry I don't have any tea, CAUSE DEAD MEN DON'T DRINK TEA! Also I didn't think you would all find this place so quick..." Soulsteel's voice trailed off. "I see, the little rebel bitch led you all here? I hope the little metal arm boy is here too!" he said.

"Where's the eastern guy with the katana? Not here?" it was clear that Soulsteel meant Rojin here, as he made a gesture of scanning the crowd then spoke:

"I guess he pussy out, well whatever, I guess I will start with what I didn't finish last time..." he cocked his head slightly to the side then pointed a finger at Isa. "My bad I didn't cut you in half last time, I promise it will happen this time.

"HUEHUEHUEHUE!" Soulsteel burst into a mad laugh. Soulsteel seemed to have no trouble waiting for us to make the first move and transformed his fingers into claws and licked them. I really wish I could un-see that. Then out from the corner of my eye, I could see Isa tightening her grip on the spear, her other hand slowly rolling into the fist.

This was the quiet before the battle, 50 MS with two armed human verses a psychopathic, crazy ass and sadistic magic powered being; it was truly anyone's game.

Isa muttered something that I didn't catch, then she raised one hand close to her head and listened for a moment, then sets it down the next.

"EVERYONE! FORMATION O! GO!" Isa shouted. And just like that, the curtain of battle was drawn.

Q: How would you taunt an enemy in battle?