Chapter 5: Catastrophe

"How'd you sleep?" He asks as we brush our teeth.
"Really good, comfortable bed."
"Good to hear." He smiles before leaving the bathroom. I take advantage and do my hair and apply some makeup. I change into ripped jeans and a cable knitted oatmeal colored sweater. I head down to see a full breakfast spread.
"Oh Denise you should have woken me up, I could have helped!" I say
"Honey you're a guest here on vacation it's no problem." She smiles. We have a big breakfast discussing what to do for the day and we all come to the decision to go shopping. I grab my coat and follow them out. The mall here is so different to the New York one, so small. Jimmy and I spent 45 minutes in the bath and body works smelling candles and all the hand soaps. I get his mom some candles and his dad and brothers some of their favorite teams merch which pains me because it's the Bears. We decide to head out while his family stays back to shop some more.
"Can I take you somewhere?" He asks.
"You're not going to murder me are you?" I ask.
"Not today sugar plum." He winks. We stop to get some deep dish pizza he swears will put New York's to shame before he drives us to an old high school. I get out of the car and he grabs a bag out of the trunk.
We walk to the field which has recently been swept of snow and he lays a blanket down on the grass. I sit and see as he takes out a football from the bag.
"You wanna play ball with me?" I ask with a laugh.
"I'll teach you." He smiles.
"Is this where you played?"
"Yeah, I was a running back and ended up getting picked for quarterback." He says almost like he's remembering when it happened.
We eat and he tells me stories about his favorite games. I can see how much he loved playing. After we're done I stand and grab the ball.
"Let's go baby." He smiles also getting up. I take a few steps back and throw him the ball. "Not bad." He smiles going further back before tossing it to me. I caught it and celebrate. I throw it back and go back further he tosses it back to me and we go on and on for a couple minutes.
"I'm gonna run throw it deep." I say as I start jogging back. He throws a deep ball and I think I'm gonna catch it but it hits me in the middle of my face. I fall back and he's at my side in seconds.
"Oh my god Ana, I'm so sorry." He says I lean my head forward and let the blood gush out.
"No baby, here hold pressure here." He says pinching the bridge of my nose. My eyes are glossy when I look up at him and I can see how bad he feels. I try and smile but it hurts.
"I'm so sorry."
"It's okay." I reassure "it's not broken, let's just go home."
"Okay." He says and picks me up bridal style.
"Jimmy no." I laugh as he picks up the bag of stuff.
"It's the least I can do." He smiles.
When we get back to the house it's still empty.
"Let's go to the bathroom." Jimmy says leading the way, he holds my hand the whole time. I sit on the counter as he turns the shower on adjusting the temperature for me. He turns back to me and I smile at him. He comes to stand in front of me, I spread my legs and he steps into me resting comfortably between them. He caresses my face gently rubbing my nose. I wince in pain and he sucks in a breath of air drawing his thumb back.
"Sorry." He says with a chuckle.
"You got one hell of an arm Garoppolo." I tease making him blush. The small bathroom fills with steam and I feel brave. I pull my bloody jumper up and off my body and his eyes go wide. His hands stay on my thighs I can tell he's trying not to grope them. I toss it to the floor and wrap my arms around his neck. He does not hesitate to lean into me and let his lips meet mine.
"I missed this." He says against me. I bring my body to grind against his growing bulge. My hands wonder to the bottom of his shirt and I pull it over his head before tossing it to another part of the bathroom.
"I need you Jimmy." I say as I undo his jean button while he pulls my jeans off of me. I pull his jeans and pass my hand over his member.
"I'm yours." He says and I pull his boxers down. He then pulls my panties to the side and I feel the tip slip in. I open my mouth and lean my head on his shoulder. He continues to push forward and I lean in to kiss him again. He groans against my lips and I can't help but smile. He brings his hips back but before he could thrust back in there's a knock on the door.
"Hey lovebirds, we brought lunch then I thought we could all sing holiday songs." I hear his mom yell through the door. We pull away from each other's lips and I stifle a laugh.
"Ok mom, we'll be down soon." He replies. "We should-"
"Please get out of me." I interrupt making us both laugh.
We get dressed and head back downstairs.
"How was shopping?" I ask as I take a seat at the table.
"Oh wonderful, we were able to check off everything off the list." She smiles.
"What did you two do?" Billy asks. Jimmy and I look at each other both not knowing to say.
"We went to Rolling Meadow." Jimmy finally says.
"Where I got this." I laugh pointing at my nose.
"What happened?" Denise asks.
"We were throwing a football around and let's just say your son has an NFL arm." I tease making everyone but Tony laugh, he actually leaves the table for a minute making me stop laughing. "Did I do something?" I nervously ask.
"We don't really talk about the NFL when Jimmy's here." Denise mentions.
"Oh I'm so sorry." I apologize immediately feeling like shit. They assure me everything is fine but I'm bummed.
The rest of the evening consisted of songs, Jimmy and I teasing each other every chance we could,baking cookies, and Jimmy leaving saying her had to make a copy of some key. It was nice.
Jimmy goes to shower first and I decided to wait. He comes out and I go in. I come out of the shower in my cutest bra and panty set. It's a red lace set. He turns to look at me and does a double take.
"How about we finish what we started?" I ask as I lean on the doorframe.
"This is my childhood bedroom." he says and then I feel like a gross weirdo.
"You're right, I'm so sorry." I say shutting the bathroom door.
"Baby I was kidding." He says opening the door. I pull one of his shirts over my head and take my bra off. "Let's finish it." He smiles as he kisses my cheek.
"No, now I'm gonna think about your childhood bedroom." I tease and get into bed. He puts a movie on and I cuddle next to his chest.
"I have a question." I say.
"What is it?"
"Why did your dad leave when I said you had an NFL throwing arm?" I ask.
"Because I would've been drafted to the New England Patriots if I continued playing football." I sit up and look at him.
"What?" I breathlessly ask. "The Patriots?"
"Yeah, but I wanted to work in journalism." He says as I lay back down on his chest. "The offer stands, I practice with them every once in a while." He says and again I'm shocked.
"And you don't want to do it?" I curiously ask.
"Sometimes." He admits. "But then I'd be missing nights in bed like this." He says leaning in to kiss me.
"You're amazing." I say as I cup the side of his face. He smiles and I see a slight blush in his cheeks. I love his crooked smile. He caresses my cheek before leaning in to kiss me. I close my eyes and kiss him gently, slowly, like we'll be doing it for the rest of our lives.
"I like kissing you." I say after pulling centimeters away from his face.
"You do?" He asks and I nod happily.
"I really really do." I confess. He kisses my forehead and brings my head to his chest.
"Goodnight." He says.
"Goodnight." I reply and drift into a deep sleep.
*Christmas day*
I wake up to a knock on the door.
"Presents time!" She yells through the door. I wake Jimmy up and we brush our teeth before changing into our matching pajamas before heading down.
I open so many gifts I'm afraid of paying for extra baggage but the smile on Denise's face is worth it. She got me everything from clothes to perfume to jewelry. Just when I think I'm done Tony pulls out another box from under the tree.
"This is from Jimmy." I say reading the tag.
I open the box and find a key in the inside. I pull it out and hold it. I bring my eyebrows together not really understanding it.
"I don't get it." I say with a nervous laugh.
"Pull it out." He says and I do, as I do, I notice a keychain on it, "read it." He smiles.
"Let's turn my house into a home." I read and then look up at him.
"Will you move in with me?" He asks with the biggest smile on his face.
"Oh." I say with a nervous smile. "Jimmy, I would love to!" I finally say as I reach over and give him a big hug.
"I'd like to be a grandma this time next year." Denise says making me choke and Jimmy turn red.
"Mom." He says clearing his throat.
"What? I was going to let y'all keep going yesterday but it was holiday song time." She says. Everyone laughs and I cover my face with my hands.
"Jimmyyyyy." His brothers say loudly in a funny tone.
The rest of the day is wonderful filled with nothing but love and then the next morning it's time to leave. It's a tearful goodbye from Denise and I promised her I'd come back.
Being back at my apartment feels strange, it's so quiet it actually bothers me so I open a window letting in the busy city noises in.
*come over🥺* Jimmy texts and I smile at the screen. I pack a bag and I grab a bottle of tequila and some pizza before heading over to his apartment. I let myself in and find him sitting in front is his TV playing video games.
"Honey, I'm home." I say and he jumps a little.
"You scared the fuck out of me." He laughs before turning the TV off. We eat and watch a serial killer documentary.
"Baby." He says getting my attention.
"Yeah?" I ask not taking my eyes away from the screen.
"I can't stop thinking about you." He says and I smile "The way you talk, smile, and how you felt around me." He says and my throat goes dry. "So warm and welcoming." I clear my throat and put my pizza down.
"I haven't been able to stop thinking about you either." I whisper against his ear. "The way you felt." I say kissing his neck. He guides me to straddle his lap.
"How do you like it." He asks.
"I Uh, I don't know no one has ever asked me before." I respond. "No one seems like a lot, I've only ever been with one person. I don't really know about it." I shy say.
"Let's teach you then." He whispers pulling my shirt up and off my body. He discards it before unhooking my bra, he attaches his mouth to my nipple and I'm confused as to why but then a wave a pleasure washes through me. I rock my hips against his enjoying the feeling. He gets up and I wrap my legs around his waist. He carries me to his room where he lays me on his bed. He stands back and takes his shirt and jeans off. He goes for the boxers but I sit up and put my hands on his waist.
"I wanna do that." I say and he nods excitedly. I bring him closer and rub him feeling him get harder. I pull them down and his member springs free. I kiss down his happy trail and he bucks his hips.
I grab the base and just as I put the tip in my mouth his phone rings. He looks down at me and I look up at him. I pick up his pants and pull his phone out.
"It's Billy." I say holding it up to him.
"Ignore it baby." He says shutting the ringer off. "Come on." He says tangling his hand in my hair with one hand and he grabs his member in the other guiding it towards my mouth. I smile and just when I open my mouth his phone is buzzing off the bed. I furrow my eyebrows and he looks frustrated. "No way it's that important." He says running it on my lips.
"Babe it might be important." I say pushing his hips away. He pouts but ultimately nods.
"Hello." He answers. "What? When? How did that happen, you're joking right that's a sick fucking joke Billy." He says and I gulp. I pull his boxers up and sit back on the bed. "I'm on my way." He says and hangs up the phone.
"What's the matter?" I ask in fear of the worst.
"My parents got hit by a drunk driver my dad is in critical condition he's in surgery." He says and sits down
"Oh baby." I say putting my arm over his back. He rests his face in his hands and I can only hug him. "I'll look for flights, I'll call right now." I say and grab my phone. There's two open seats and I take them. I go inside and pack some essential clothes for him.
"Baby let's go." I say and help him get dressed. I call a taxi and we're on our way in no time. He holds my hand in silence the whole ride and he would just hide his face. When we land Billy is waiting for us. We drive straight to the hospital and he's just gotten out of surgery.
"Can we get an update on a patient?" I ask going to the nurse's station.
"Name?" She asks
"Tony Garoppolo."
"Oh, honey." Is all I hear every word after that is almost like an echo to me. I feel myself falling back but Jimmy there to catch me. I feel like I'm 10 years old again and the doctors are giving me the same news. I turn around and Jimmy looks devastated, how are we going to get thru this? I turn around facing the nurse knowing I have to be strong for him.
"Are you sure, did they check him right? Are you sure we were just with him." I say beginning to panic. "Nurse please get a second option this isn't right." I say in tears. "We just spent Christmas together I gave him a trip to Aspen."
"Ma'am please calm down." She tells me.
"Can I see him?" Jimmy asks in a low voice.
"Are you Jimmy?" She asks and he nods. "He has been asking for you and Ana." We turn to look at each other and we follow her.
Seeing Tony like this breaks my heart. He opens his eyes and the slightest smile comes to his face.
"Jim- you came." He slowly says.
"Of course dad." He says with tears in his eyes. "I'll always be here."
"I'm sorry for ruining your childhood." Tony says.
"No, no dad I love you. You didn't ruin everything, I owe everything I am to you." Jimmy cries.
"We owe this to her." Tony says weakly pointing his finger to me.
"No Tony you don't you guys love each other so strongly I merely gave you the nudge you guys needed." I say trying not to cry.
"James will you do me a favor?" He asks looking at his son.
"Of course dad, anything." He replies.
"Give the NFL a chance, give the Patriots a call." He asks.
"You got it boss." Jimmy replies.