Chapter 24: River

—Green Bay @ 49ers week 12—
"Are you nervous about this one?" Jimmy asks as we drive to the stadium.
"Not even a little." I smile. He brings my hand up to his mouth kissing the back of it.
"Good." He smiles "because I'm not either."
"Lead us to the playoffs."
"I will baby. I promise."
We arrive at the stadium and he goes to the locker room. I meet Billy and Mike in the stands. Claire wasn't feeling very well so she stayed home.
It ends up being a very fun game—for us anyway defense was not letting Aarron do ANYTHING.
On a snap Jimmy fumbles the ball making the crowd gasp.
"COME ON FUCKING BUTTERFINGERS!" Someone yells behind me. "Don't fucking choke now just do what you do and pass the ball." He yells. I turn around and see the man.
"Hey shut the fuck up!" I yell back.
"Shut it snowflake what do you know about this." He says. My blood boils and I grab Mike's beer out of his hand and throw it at the man. There's fuss and security comes to get me and the boys.
A crew member grabs us and takes us up to a box where we can peacefully watch the niners best green bays ass.
This might be one of my favorites of the season. I'm only sad Claire isn't here because George had an amazing game, but I'm sure she is watching at home. Jimmy is so happy it makes my heart feel full.
We get out of the stadium and Mike suggests going bowling, but I can tell Jimmy is not up for it.
"I'm actually not feeling very well." I lie suddenly holding my head.
"What's wrong baby?" Jimmy asks, putting his hand on my back.
"I don't know." I say.
"Might be from the fight she had." Mike says and I glare at him.
"What fight?" Jimmy asks. I shake my head like I have no idea what he is talking about.
"Some guy was talking shit and she told them to shut the fuck up so they said she didn't know anything about football and we'll she threw them my beer." Mike explains. I look at Jimmy afraid he is going to be mad, but he has a proud smile on his face.
"Is that true?" He asks looking at me.
"Yeaaaa." I drag.
"That's my girl." He smirks leaning over to kiss me.
"But I'm really not feeling well." I remind him.
"Mike I think we'll take a rain check on bowling."
"No problem, we'll see you guys around." He smiles giving us hugs goodbye.
"Thank you." Jimmy sighs as we get into the car.
"You really showed out for prime time football I knew you would rather go home and relax."

When we get home I shower and change into yoga pants and a loose white shirt before sitting on the couch and going through the page layout for the issue.
Jimmy sits next to me to watch some TV.
"Friends is low key a good show." He says trying to justify himself to me.
"Sure." I tease.
I get through maybe 5 pages when he shuts my laptop.
"Amor." I sigh.
"Let's go out to the beach." He suggests. I want to say no but the look on his face makes me feel like if I say no I'd make him sad.
I nod and put on some shoes.
We get to the beach at about 10 minutes before sunset. I stare at the beautiful red color before we take our shoes off and he rolls up his jeans.
He holds my hand before we walk towards the water.
"Isn't it gorgeous." I say in awe as the water begins to catch up to us.
"I wake up to something way more gorgeous than that." He says making me blush.
"Me too." I say looking up at him.
We walk for a couple minutes talking about the wedding planning.
"Give me a minute." He asks before stopping. I see him take weight off his leg and stretch it.
"Are you okay?" I ask.
"Yeah, it's almost like I have to reset it." He says with a laugh, but I know it's not funny. A couple minutes later we continue our walk.
"So.." he drags "I was thinking about our wedding song."
"Oh yeah?" I ask.
"Yes ma'am." He says putting his shoes down in the sand and taking his phone out.
A slow melody on the guitar begins to play and I like it. He puts his phone in his pocket and puts his arms around me swaying me to the rhythm of it.
"Oh, I wanna come near and give ya
Every part of me"
the song says and I close my eyes leaning my head on his chest.
"But there's blood on my hands
And my lips aren't clean."
I open my eyes looking into the eternity of the sea.
"Tip me in your smooth waters
I go in
As a man with many crimes
Come up for air
As my sins flow down the Jordan."
He rubs my back gently. I'm assuming he wants a reaction.
"Take me to your river
I wanna know."
The song ends and I'd be lying if I said a few tears didn't fall down my face.
"Do you hate it?" He asks immediately doubting himself. "It's too sad isn't it? I'm sorry we don't have to use this one if you don't want to." He says. I laugh and shake my head no.
"Jimmy it's perfect for us." I assure him.
"So it's settled then?" He asks and I nod in response.
We play around at the beach running to and away from the water but end up soaking wet when he decided to be cute and take a picture. He sits down while I write our names in the sand and watch as the water goes over it.
"Can we talk about baby names?" He asks making me laugh. This man has the worst baby fever I've ever seen, but it makes me excited that he's as ready as I am.
——
Authors Note:
Hey everyone thank you for reading my story I really appreciate you guys! I thought I'd flop and now here we are 10,000+ reads strong :)
I wanted to let you guys know I started a new Jimmy G fanfic called "Lover". It's very different than this one and I'd really appreciate it if you guys gave it a chance as well.
Let me know how you guys are liking (or disliking) any of them. ❤️