Chapter 30: The Wedding

"Suck it in Ana!" Claire says trying to zip my wedding dress. I haven't told anyone I'm pregnant and this is my last dress fitting.
"I'm trying." I say breathing in.
"Have you been stress eating?" Maya asks as now she tries to help me.
"A little bit." I lie.
"Well we're going straight to the gym after this." She says. I nod.
They manage to get the dress on and I literally cannot breath.
"Take it off." I say scared it might hurt the baby. "Get it off please." I beg and they unzip me quickly.
"What's wrong?" They ask as I hold my tummy and take in deep breaths.
"Are you nervous that the wedding is a week away?" Claire asks.
"Yeah." I lie.
"Don't stress, we'll get the dress fixed and you'll still look gorgeous." The store owner says. "More champagne?" He asks. The Maya says yes and I continue to shake my head.
"Drinking makes it easier." He laughs.
"No I'm driving." I say wanting the conversation to be over.

I get home with food and eat alone. I really should eat healthier. I want my dress to fit me well. I want to look good on my wedding day! I start getting emotional so I just shift focus on work.

Jimmy comes home late and I'm typing at my desk.
"How was it?" He asks and I start crying. "What's wrong?" He asks kneeling beside me.
"My dress doesn't fit me anymore."
"Oh baby." He sighs in relief. "That's okay, we knew this could happen. It's okay." He smiles but I'm too into crying to be able to stop. "Our little baby is growing inside you Ana, this is good it means he's getting big and strong like his daddy." He says caressing my belly.
"We don't know what it is yet." I remind him as I stop crying.
"He or she is getting stronger like their daddy and mommy." He rephrases. "And I don't care what you look like on our wedding day baby. As long as you walk down that aisle and say yes to being my wife I'm good."
"Now you're just saying stuff to make me happy."
"No I'm not." He assures scooping me up in arms carrying me to our bedroom. He leans on the bed frame sitting me on his lap. He pulls my shirt up and with his forefinger draws patterns along my belly. He insists on having these moments with the baby, he says he wants to be a part of the process. The only thing that bothers me is how ticklish I am, but I try and not laugh.
"It's crazy." He says looking over at me.
"What is?"
"Our baby is in here." He says tapping on my belly gently. "Like, we made this."
"I know, it's so scary for me though, like I feel so much pressure." I admit. "I don't want anything to happen to him."
"Or her." He says.
"Or her." I laugh.
"You'll do amazing." He assures kissing my forehead.

—-May 15th night before wedding—
Claire, Maya, Holly, and I check into our hotel for the night and I'm so excited but mostly extremely nervous I'm coming up to 2 1/2 months pregnant and I'm so glad I decided on a ball gown dress, well the mermaid dress will be a little tight, but that's okay. I'll just tell everyone I'm bloated or something.
"This is nice!" Maya says as we get into our room. I see a box on the bed and Maya is quick to pick it up. It's full of sweets.
"For my babies❤️" she reads. "Jimmy Garoppolo calling me one of his babies, never thought I'd see the day." She says making everyone, especially me laugh.
We spend the night going over tomorrow's plans and my honeymoon.
— (Authors Note: play song)
"Wake up you're getting married!" Claire and Maya say jumping on my bed waking me up. I sit up and smile, I'm getting married today!

By 12:00pm Denise and my grandma are in my room getting their makeup done with me. Claire, Holly and Maya are getting into their bridesmaids dresses

 Claire, Holly and Maya are getting into their bridesmaids dresses