Chapter 10: The Starter

—Day before week 1 of regular season 2016—
"Did you get the news?" Jack asks as he walks into my office.
"About? Oh did Styles' reps get back to me about the interview?" I ask.
"Yes, he's only available Sunday October 2nd."
"Oh perfect." I smile as I continue to type. I notice that he is still in the room so I stop typing and stare. "Is there anything else?" I ask.
"You know about the deflategate?" He asks me.
"Yeah I've heard a thing or two." I answer with a shrug knowing I wasn't supposed to talk about it for legal reasons.
"Tom got suspended for the first four games." He says.
"Oh did he?" I ask remembering Jimmy said they wouldn't take the punishment, then pause "That means.... HOLY SHIT JIMMY IS STARTING!" I yell getting out of my chair and jumping like a little girl. Jack comes over and gives me a hug and I cannot stop smiling! This is so exciting. "I gotta go." I say as I try to compose myself. "Can I go?" I ask.
"Yes ! Please go." He says.
"Oh god Jack thank you so much I'll send you tickets if you're interested." I say as I pack my bags.
"Yes please." He says and make a note to tell Jimmy. I get in my car and start my 4 ½ hour hell of a drive. I don't tell Jimmy about coming earlier.

When I arrive and park I'm assuming Wilson makes it known that I am here because J waits for me at the front door.
"Hi baby!" I yell as I jump on him.
"Hey." He says with a laugh as he carries me inside. He sets me down and winces in pain.
"Oh did I hurt you?" I ask feeling concerned.
"No, I'm sore from the practices I've had." He sighs before drinking some water.
"Oh so they knew this was coming."
"Everyone was counting on it."
"You're ready." I smile.
"Don't have a choice." He smiles. I then hear footsteps coming downstairs and am shocked and excited to see his whole family.
Denise and I make dinner, we go for Jimmy classic plate: chicken breast brown rice and spinach. They all wish him luck before we head up to bed.
"He's really suspended." I tell Jimmy who's laying in bed. I think it's all starting to settle in me, I'm still shocked
"Yup." He replies with a smirk.
"You're starting tomorrow." I say.
"I know." He smiles.
"You're going to be great." I say straddling his lap.
"Oh I don't know about that baby." He sighs sitting up to hug me.
"Everything you've trained for lead to this babe." I remind him. He lays back down with me and I scratch his chest gently. "You know that playbook better than you know me." I say making us both laugh.
"Untrue." He responds.
"Did you know the team was deflating balls?" I ask.
"No," he sighs, "I didn't."
"I read somewhere that they're going to talk to you if Brady decides to sue."
"Oh that's not true, Bilichick made it clear to them that I was out of the question."
"Baby you use the same balls he does are you sure they were in regulation with the league?" I ask turning to look at him.
"Yes they seemed normal to me." He assures.
"But Grigson said they felt soft and spongy."
"Baby, you know I don't get to actually touch the game balls." He reminds me. "You know me, I wouldnt lie about this." He says before kissing my forehead.
"I know, I love you."
"I love you more than anything." He whispers.
"I was talking to the Super Bowl ring." I tease making him laugh loudly before we both go to bed.

"Go work for a living." I say kissing Jimmy goodbye since he had to head out to practice early. And I don't see him until later at the game

"He's going in." Mike says as we watch Jimmy run on field I cheer so loud I'm sure I won't have a voice by tonight.
We get the win and I am ecstatic! I can't wait to see him. Mike leads me to the tunnel where he sees me and his eyes light up.
"You did it baby!" I yell as I jump on him it catches him by surprise but he holds me up.
"I did it for you." He says before leaning in to kiss me. Mike and his brothers come over to congratulate him so I hopped off of him. Seeing him take in all the praise warms my heart, this is what he has been working so hard for and now everyone sees him as I do, talented.
"I gotta go do some press and then we could head out." He says to me kissing me quickly. Some staff lead to me the conference room where I sit at the back and watch as he answers all the questions like a professional.
We're sidetracked with a team celebration until 10pm and I cannot wait to get into bed.
We change into our pjs and I can see the bruises on his back from the hits he took. It breaks my heart.
"Oh look at your back." I say in shock.
"I got the win baby, this doesn't matter." He assures.
"Can I give you a massage?" I ask as I rub his back.
"Hell yeah." He smiles and I grab some body oil pouring it in my hands before I rub his back gently. I'm careful around the spots he winces in pain.
"I love you Jimmy." I say.
"I love you more than anything." He responds in his sleepy voice. I kiss his shoulder blade before turning the lights off and going to bed, this is going to be tougher on me than I thought.
I wake up early and cook some breakfast for us.
"Stay?" He begs as he comes up from behind me.
"I can't Jimmy I have a staff meeting at 4." I giggle as he kisses my neck.
"Please." He begs. "I have a whole two days off."
"You know I would, but I have work to do." I say making him dramatically sigh.
"I'll help you with it we can bust it out and I'll show you a fun night around town." He winks.
"Let me call my editor." I say before slipping away from the kitchen as I dial Jack.
"Hey Ana, thank you for the tickets! They were amazing." He says when he picks up.
"Hey no problem, I'm glad you enjoyed it." I laugh.
"So what's up?"
"I was wondering if I could have a couple days off because Jimmy has two days off and we haven't spent a lot of time together." I nervously explain.
"Would three days be enough?" He asks. "Because we have a staff meeting Thursday morning."
"That would be perfect." I say happily.
"You got it, congratulate him for me." He says.
"Will do, thank you so much." He says goodbye and I hang up.
"I'm all yours."
"Weren't you always?" He jokes