Chapter 20: Kiss it Better

—- One week later—
"So can you come?" I ask Jimmy as I finish looking through the current issue.
"When?" He asks from the kitchen.
"Tonight." I reply. I hear him shout what and I decide on just going out to the kitchen. "I said tonight."
"Oh, I don't baby. I have a game."
"I know but it starts at 7 and your game is at 3:30 you can come late just come."
"Ana, I'm gonna be exhausted." He pouts
"Jimmy don't you think I'm exhausted driving from my office to your games?" I ask.
"Plus I have media to do. I'm sorry baby." He sighs. "I gotta go. Wish me luck."
"Ok bye." I say as he kisses my lips and leaves the kitchen. They're still undefeated 7-0 so I'm confident that they'll do just fine.
My hair and makeup people come and get me dolled up. Maya also comes to get prepped.
"Is this going to be your first appearance together?" Helen my makeup person asks.
"It would've been, but he has a game." I say not trying to hide the disappointment in my voice.
"They're making the Bay proud!" Martin says as he curls my hair.
"I know I just really wanted him to come. I mean there's no shame in walking the carpet alone." I shrug.
"Very true." He smiles.
"You are a strong independent woman who can do anything." Maya says making me feel better.
"Fuck yes."
We get ready and are driven to the venue. I open my door and see Jack. His eyes widen as he looks down at my dress before looking back at my face.
"Hi." He smiles.
"Hey! I didn't know you were coming!" I say as I go to give him a hug.
"Yeah I forgot to RSVP, but I'm here and they let me in."
"That's great." I laugh.
"Where's Jimmy?" He asks looking back at the car.
"Making the Bay proud." I bitterly say.
"Oof." He sighs. "Well, can I be your date tonight?" He asks holding a hand out to me.
"Sure." I smile taking his hand.
We walk the carpet together before heading inside. He switches spots so that he's able to sit next to me.
The ceremony begins as I check the final score of the game, we won. The speaker goes around the room to thank contributors.
"Ana from the Rolling Stone magazine is here with us as well." A camera pans to me and I wave at it. "Feels great, baby doesn't it." The man says and I draw my hand back, why did he say that.
"What was that about?" I whisper to Jack.
"I have no idea." He shrugs just as confused as me.
An hour goes by and I see Jimmy speed walking towards my table.
"Jimmy?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows together.
"Hi baby, what a surprise to see you here." He smiles, he holds my hands lifting me from my seat and I realize I'm a little past tipsy.
"What are you doing here?" I ask as he presses our lips together.
"You wanted me to come, so I came."
"That's what she said." I say making everyone laugh. Jack makes space for Jimmy to sit next to me and he looks nervous.
"Do you know what feels great, baby means?" I ask after a few minutes.
"Uhhh." He hums not looking me in the eye.
"James."
"I said it to Erin Andrews." He slowly says as a band begins to play.
I wait until they stop, his mind looks like it is raising. I look over at Jack who gives me a big I don't know sigh.
"Follow me." I tell Jimmy.
I find us a secure quiet place and I don't know what to say.
"What happened?"
"It was a post game interview and it was going good, she asked me how it felt to be 8-0 and I said it feels great baby." He says.
"You look really hot right now." I say seeing how fitted his suit was. Three glasses of wine and two of champagne really have an effect on me.
"What?" He asks clearly confused by my mood swings.
"You flirted with Erin Andrews on national television."
"No it wasn't flirting, I call a lot of people baby." He says.
"You call 55 people baby. That's your teammates, your coach, your general manager AND I me. No one else." I sternly say.
"Baby I was excited to be 8-0 and it just slipped out. I promise you it wasn't anything like the media is portraying it as." He says bringing my hands up to his face. "I promise." He repeats.
"Hmmm." I say not because I wasn't totally convinced, I believe him, I'm just teasing now.
"Ana." He sighs dropping his head back slightly. "Please, I'm sorry."
"Kiss it better baby." I whisper loud enough for him to hear, his head perks up and he smirks.
"Here?" He asks looking around. I shrug innocently and he takes my hand leading me somewhere else.
We find the coat closet and sneak inside. He flips the lights on and it's really cozy in here.
"This is really wrong." I say as he attaches his mouth to my neck. "What if we get caught?" I giggle as he kisses my neck.
"We won't." He assures as he gently pushes me towards a wall.
My dress has a high thigh slit so he grabs my leg bringing it up, my dress rises. I continue to kiss him as I fumble with his belt.
I hear a knock and we both freeze. We look at each other and I see my lipstick smeared all over his mouth I can only imagine how mine looks. I hear a second knock and I reach up to take off as much as I can.
He goes to open the door.
"Is everything okay?" I hear Derek's voice ask.
"Yeah we're fine." Jimmy replies.
"Ok, you left in a rush and I didn't know if-"
"If what?" Jimmy interrupts.
"I don't know, my bad man. I'll go."
"Thank you for your concern." Jimmy smiles before shutting the door. Once I hear the footsteps walk away I start laughing which triggers Jimmy to laugh with me. This is my favorite sound.
"Wanna get out of here?" I ask.
"Are you sure? Isn't this event for your magazine?" He asks.
"Yes it is." I assure. "Where do you want to go?"
"Well, George invited me to a movie. I was planning on leaving him on read, but now I want to go." He says making me laugh.
"James Richard Garoppolo you are the worst texter in the world."
"Can't let people know they have your attention." He says making me roll my eyes.
He helps me fix my makeup and we head out hand in hand.
He drives us to the movie theatre and I see Claire in the concessions line.
"Did we underdress?" Claire asks George looking down at their outfits.
"I ran away from a gala, it was boring! I much rather see....Uh what are we watching?" I ask realizing I had no idea what I had Jimmy say yes to. George points down at his Joker tattoo and I nod. "We wrote an excellent review on it."
"No spoilers." George warns. I put my hands up in defeat. Claire and I go find our seats while the guys get snacks and drinks.
"Feels great, baby." She smirks as she reclines the seat back.
"Ha ha." I laugh off. "Did you see how badly Erin blushed?" I ask making both of us laugh.
"Well I mean, can you blame her? Jimmy is undoubtably the most handsome quarterback in the league." She says.
I see Jimmy and George walking up the steps arms full of snacks, he laughs at something George said and I smile at him.
"Yea, he really is."
"Have you set a date?" She asks and I realize. No, no I have not.  I need to get on wedding planning.