Chapter 11: Golden Coast

"Ana I cannot give you two weeks off, we're in the middle of our toughest issue yet. I understand why you'd want to be with him, but I can't allow it." He sighs.
"Jack please, I know I ask for a lot nowadays but I have to be with him."
"I'm sorry I can't." He says. I sigh in frustration and leave his office to go to mine.
Maya walks into my office with a smile before noticing I look pissed.
"Who shit in your Cheerios?" She asks sitting down.
"Jack." I mutter before rubbing the temples of my head. "He won't let me take two weeks off to go take care of Jimmy."
"I still can't believe you're dating an NFL player, you totally don't look like the type." She says making me laugh.
"He was a journalist." I remind her.
"That is very weird to think about." She laughs. "He's got the built of a linebacker."
"He used to be." I say as I lean my head back against my chair.
"I know what you can do." She says. "Get a leave of absence." She says after a pause. My head shoots up, she's right.
"I love you." I say as I pull up the file and start filling it out. I meet the requirements to qualify for it. "Can you take over for me while I'm out?" I ask her. She hesitates and I give her the puppy eyes.
"You're lucky I'm your best friend." She smiles.
I print it out and head over to Jacks office.
"Hey." He smiles but I can't find it in me to return it.
"I'm taking a leave of absence, Maya is going to take over my section."
"I get to decide that." He says.
"She's the clear choice she knows my style and knows what I have planned."
"You have an interview with Harry." He says.
"She'll take care of it, she has my notes." I explain and he looks like he's trapped.
"She's not taking it over." He says.
"Jack don-"
"Janet will take over the interview." He says.
"Absolutely not." I say crossing my arms across my chest.
"Why?" He asks.
"I don't like her."
"That's not my problem." He says not looking at me.
"No Jack this isn't fair."
"And you dropping a fucking leave of absence isn't fair either." He angrily raises his voice.
"That is not an appropriate way to speak to a coworker, I'm sorry I had to drop this on you but you left me no choice. We will be having a meeting with HR when I return." I say walking to the door
"Ana wai-" he calls after me but I slam the door shut.

I pack my bags angrily and head over to Boston.

I find Jimmy fast asleep on his bed, he did say his pain meds make him tired.
I unpack my bags and make him dinner.

"Smells yummy." He says next to my ear. I gasp and drop the spatula, luckily he catches it. "You're making my favorite meal." He says as he plants a kiss on my neck. He's decided that my carne en su Jugo is his favorite food and it makes me so happy.
"Of course I did, you have a booboo." I say talking to him like a child making him laugh.
"You're so funny." He sarcastically says helping me get plates.
We sit down and begin to eat and I think he knows I'm off.
"What's wrong?" He asks.
"Jack pissed me off." I sigh as I play with my food.
"What did he do? I'll fuck him up." He says making me laugh. "No seriously what happened?"
"He cursed and yelled at me." I say and as I listen to myself I sound like a child.
"Why?" He curiously asks. "Like in what context?"
I explain what happened and he nods throughout the story. "He shouldn't have done that, I think you should go to HR because you can't let that slide."
"I know I emailed Heather I have an appointment set up for a later date."
"That's good. And since we're sharing about our coworkers I should tell you what happened that therapy today." He sighs
"At Tom's place?" I ask and he nods. "How was it? I know you were excited for it." I say with a smile
"I went to the facility and everything was locked." He says. "I called the trainers and no one answered so I just went to the team trainers and did my therapy there." He sadly says.
"Aw baby I'm sorry that happened." I frown knowing how much that probably hurt him.
"I mean it is what it is." He shrugs off as he finishes his food. "I'm sure there's nothing too special at his place."
"You're right." I nod knowing he's probably right. He helps me load the dishwasher and soon we're in the bedroom.
"Help me out with this." He says, I turn around and see the tiny machine he held in his hand.
"What's this?"
"Muscle stimulator." He says before asking me to place the pads in certain areas. He gets into bed with them on and I watch as his shoulder twitched every now and then.
"Does it hurt?" I ask.
"Sometimes." He says as his eyes don't leave the television. He recently started watching F•R•I•E•N•D•S and it drives me crazy because I hate it with a passion. He watches a couple episodes before taking his stimulator off as well as the TV. He spoons me from behind thinking I'm asleep. 
"It was so embarrassing." He sighs.
"What was?" I ask in a low sleepy voice.
"Showing up and being locked out. I thought Tom wanted me to get better and win games, but now I just feel like he wants the opposite. Which I get I mean he obviously doesn't want me to take his job." I turn around so that we're face to face.
"Baby he's threatened by you, now yes it sucks that he's acting like a child, but can you believe you're so good you made the five time Super Bowl champ feel threatened." I see his lips want to smile, but he's too modest to let them.
"I know, but it's just embarrassing. I felt like a loser." I pout my lips and shake my head.
"You're no loser Jimmy. I've met a couple losers in my life and I can tell you one thing for certain and it's thag Jimmy Garoppolo is no loser." He finally smiles which triggers me to smile.
"I love you so much." He says before leaning in to kiss me.
"And I love you." I reply. "So so so much." I add resting my forehead on his.
"I'm not signing the bullshit contract extension they're offering."
"Which one?" I ask moving to lay on my back.
"The 17 million to be a backup."
"You deserve to start."
"I know, I hope I'll have offers."