Chapter 27: Defeat

"Go have a day baby." I say to Jimmy as he gets ready to head to the stadium. "Bring me back a ring." I say leaning up to kiss him.
"We'll make it 3 for 3." He smiles. "I'll see you out there." He says before leaving the hotel room.
I have some breakfast before hopping in the shower.
What should I wear? I see the Super Bowl Jersey he got me, I wish it was the old school one those are my favorites. I put some black ripped jeans and my golden boots on.
I meet Claire and the rest of the Garoppolo's in the lobby.
We're dropped off in the stadium and it is pandemonium, there's reporters and fans everywhere it makes me feel anxious. On the way to get to the seats I see Pats girlfriend, Brittany. We met briefly last night and I don't know how I feel about her. She's nice but I don't think it's genuine. She looks over my way and is quick to call me.
"Hi." I say with the biggest smile I can pull.
"You look adorable!" She says making me feel like a child. She's wearing a red dress....was I supposed to wear a dress?
"Thank you." I say.
"You nervous?" She asks.
"No, not even a little."
"Oh, you sure?" She smirks.
"Yeah. Very sure, it's just another game." I shrug.
"Well I wish Jimmy the best of luck, he's going to need it, hope he doesn't choke, you know like all the media says he will."
"He'll be fine." I assure before walking away. I've made a decision about her: I don't like her, but I'm sure Pat will pull a Russell on her.
We get to our seats and now I feel so nervous, somethings not right.

"THAT WAS HELMET TO HELMET!" I scream as I watch Jimmy on the floor holding his head. Too many calls have not been called for us, this is bullshit.
"I can't believe this." I say with tears in my eyes. Claire looks like she's about to cry as well, none of us expected this. We're clinging to a three point lead and I don't know how Jimmy is going to recover from that hit.
"Where is our defenses' consistency?" She asks and I don't know what to tell her.
The game is over and I'm devastated.
We manage to get into the locker room and it's so somber. She goes to find George and I see Bosa, he's sitting by his locker and crying.
"Hey." I say walking towards him. He looks up at me with sad red eyes. I open my arms and he comes to sit in a chair in front of me like a child. His head rests on my belly and it's so crazy to see this big man down like this.
"It's alright Nick, you're 22. You're young, you have so many years ahead of you and all of those are going to be great." I say to him as I rub the back of his neck. "You helped turn this team from 4-12 to a 13-3, we have faith in you. You're only going to get better." I say and feel him nod.
"Can I just hold you for a while longer?" He asks. I don't see Jimmy around so I continue to embrace him. I see Sanders coming and he motions me that he'll take care of him. I nod and hand Bosa over to him.
I look around and don't see Jimmy but I see Joe who looks absolutely gutted, I wanted a ring for him so bad.
"Hey kiddo." I say walking up to him.
"Haha." He somberly says. I give him a hug and let a few tears roll down.
"I'm really sorry Joe." I say finally choking up. "We wanted to get you that ring so bad."
"Don't worry, we'll be back next season." He assures me. I nod as I wipe my tears away. I hear Jimmy's voice and I try drying my eyes for him.
I turn to look at him, our eyes meet and I'm around him in seconds. I hug him so tightly I'm scared I might hurt him.
"I'm really sorry baby." He whispers. "I choked."
"No." I say pulling away inches from his face. "Take that back." I sternly say. "Say it." I demand.
"Ana." He sighs.
"Say you didn't choke. Say it right now."
"I didn't choke." He finally says.
"You played your heart out tonight baby. I am so proud of you. It's your first full season with these guys and look at where we are." I smile as the tears roll down my face. "You were amazing." I say leaning in to kiss him. "and you'll be back next season stronger than ever."
"I love you. I just want to marry you and leave this behind us." He says, I smile and hug him again. I let him go so he can talk to the team.
They are devastated, but determined to come back stronger than ever, and I trust them.
I drive Jimmy to the hotel where he immediately lays down. The team didn't cancel the after party but he insisted he wanted to come rest.
"Are you sure you're okay?" I ask. "That helmet to helmet looked bad."
"I'm okay, the doctor just said I might get a few headaches for a couple days." He says and it breaks my heart. I have a quick shower and when I come out he's sitting at the edge of the bed.
"I feel so bad." He whispers. "I feel it in my chest. I fucked up baby." He says. I go and hug him. It seems like this is all I could do.
"You're a young team amor, don't beat yourself up. It's rough and it'll be a while before you're 100% again, I know. But we will make it through."
"I just wanted to give Joe a ring." He says and starts to cry.
"Aye mi amor." I sigh as I join him. "I know." I coo in his ear as I stroke his hair hoping to calm him down. "We're gonna be alright Jimmy." I whisper as I bring him into bed with me. "We'll be alright." I repeat.
"I let everyone down."
"No mi amor, the faithful will remain faithful. Those who don't never were."
He lays his body between my legs and his head just below my chest. I bring my knees up squeezing him gently knowing it would calm him down a little. I read it online and have been trying it out—it works.
I wipe his tears away and caress his face gently. I hum a couple songs and before I know it he's actually asleep.
I look down at his peaceful face and finally smile, he's not going to be okay for a while, and I'm going to have to really step up and catch him.
I grab my phone and see all the slander against Jimmy and Kyle, some even saying they want them out of the team. Do they really want to go back to being 4-12? These people have no idea what they're talking about. I get Jim's phone and block anything I could find, I can't have him see all of this. It's three am when I finally put everything down and go to bed.
I wake up to a knock on the door. I open it to find Claire, she looks pissed.
"Can we talk?" She asks. I nod before going inside brushing my teeth and getting some slippers. I follow her outside to a balcony. 
"The Chiefs are classless." She says.
"What happened?" I ask.
"They've been running their mouths about George, about Jimmy about everyone and it's making me mad. These guys wouldn't use that platform to talk shit about them, they'd just be having a ball." She's really mad.
"I blocked everything off Jimmy's phone when he was asleep."
"That's not going to help. They're out there parading their win and bad mouthing our guys." She says. "George sees it all." I feel for her.
"I'll do what I can to make it known they're classless." I say equally as mad as she is. "I'm the editor in chief of the Rolling fucking Stone."
I go back to the room and see Jimmy sitting up leaning against the bed frame, he's looking into space. He doesn't even notice when I come in.
"Baby?" I say getting his attention. He snaps out of it and looks at me. "Good morning." I smile getting in bed sitting in front of him.
"Morning." He sighs.
"How'd you sleep?" I ask, reaching to hold his hands.
"Not too bad." I shrugs.
"How's your head?" I ask caressing him.
"Not bad."
"Are you okay?"
"No." He says. I move to sit on his lap. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss his cheek.
"Hey." I say after a while of not talking. "I know what'll cheer you up."
"Hmm?"
"Wanna put a baby in me?" I ask biting my lip. He finally breaks and laughs.
"Let's do it." He smirks.
——-
Authors Note:
Hope everyone is enjoying the story!
I wanted to let you all know xxmilkybqbesxx has started her own Jimmy G story called "So I call you mine"  and I'm really enjoying it. If you're looking for something new to read you guys should give it a a read (: