05

“NOT QUITE.” SALVATORE responds. I want to ask him what that means but does it even matter? I should have asked that the moment I knelt down to suck his dick but I did not. So who cares?

“I see. So where to?” I question.

“My apartment. It is quite far from here and you must be starved. I have some food in the back. You can check it out and have whatever you like.” He tells me.

For a moment I just stare at him. Is he even real? I have never had anyone do this for me ever since my parents passed.

I of course am not about to expose myself like that. All I tell him is “Thanks” before I look in the back.

There is an all you can eat buffer back here. Chinese food — sea food — Italian and a bunch of other stuff I cannot even name.

I skip the carbs and opt for the Salads as the car purrs to life. Then Salvatore pulls out of the car park in time.

He observes me from the corner of his eye from time to time but I do not think much of it as I munch down the salad.

“You are vegetarian?” Salvatore questions but it comes out as more of a statement. He then swerves the car into the left lane.

“No.” I respond but feel the need to explain. “I have an important ballet audition soon and I cannot afford the extra pounds.”

“Oh.” He responds in a manner that tells me that he is shocked. His next statement tells me that it is the pleasant kind of shock. “You must be flexible.”

“Wanna put me to the test?” I tease.

“Soon.” He responds before we fall into a silence that accompanies us until we reach the apartment.

There are men stationed at each corner of the estate. Our faces are scanned and so is out license plate. All of them are run in the computer before we are let in.

When we enter the gates, a white upstair house comes into view. On one side of it there is a pool fenced in silver and on the other side there is a small car park which he pulls into.

As we step out of the car, another sleek black sports car rolls in. When it comes to a halt, out comes a brunette woman and a little Girl.

“Tore.” The little Girl screams as she runs to Salvatore. He picks her up and places a kiss on her cheek.

“Princess.” He responds and smiles at her. She smiles back and I see that her front teeth are all fallen out. Salvatore notices it too before he turns to the brunette woman. “Do not let her have so much chocolate, Valentina. We talked about this.”

“It is hard to stop her when she has become such a menace.” Valentina responds as she tosses her chocolate brown hair aside. The small Girl has the same hair and so does Salvatore. It makes me wonder what their relationship is.

“Gabriella.” Salvatore looks at the small Girl who looks down at her hands. She fiddles them until Salvatore tips her head up, all humour lost from his face. “Is that true?”

She does not answer him and he takes that as a Yes. “I do not want to hear such reports about you, understood?”

She nods her small head. A pout on her lips. “If I do, you will be sent to boarding school. There You will not see me or Valentina. Is that what You want?”

“No.” Her voice comes out small.

“Then be a good girl.” He scolds her before he sets her down. “Go and think about your action over there.”

He points at the pool area before she heads there — her head held down. Valentina frowns as she comments.

“You cannot send her to boarding school. She is just a kid.”

“Richardo would have hated for his kid to become a menace.”  He said before she nodded for a brief second before her attention lands on me.

“Is this the nanny Candle found?” Valentina questions as she stares at me from head to toe; her brows creased.

“No.” Salvatore responds. “This is Carina; a friend of mine.”

I raise a brow at the friend part. After what we did I am sure we are past the friends title. I do not comment on it. I leave it at what it is.

“Oh. I am Valentina LaGuardia. His sister.” She makes that known as she extends her hand towards mine.

“Cool.” I respond as I take her hand. When we break apart she scratches the back of her head.

“I did not think You would have a friend over this afternoon.” Valentina tells him. “I tried to call but Your phone was off so I called Candle.”

“You called Candle?” Salvatore runs a hand in his hair. “She will make a fuss.”

The moment he lets out those words — a red car drives in. Its tinted windows are let down so low that I see who it is. Candle.

She comes out of the car — dressed in another white suit free of the lime soda I spilled on her. She storms towards me like a tornado as she screams — “Who invited her over?”

“It was me. She is a friend of mine.” Valentina chimes in.

I make a face but I do not counter her words. However — when Salvatore lets out his next words I become confused.

“Carina and Valentina were about to leave.” Salvatore adds and that is when I sense that something is off here but something is on between Candle and Salvatore.

Or perhaps he wants to protect me from another one of her tantrums. That makes more sense.

Candle has no sex appeal from the monotonous suits she wears to the manner in which she secures her hair back in a low bun. Had I not known better, I would mistake her for Candace Owens.

“Gabriella. Time to leave.” Valentina calls out before the small girl runs back here.

Salvatore kneels down and place a kiss on her forehead before he tells her, “Do not trouble Aunt Valentina or Carina promise?”

“I promise.” She responds before she wraps her arms around him. “I love you.”

“I love you more.” And with that we turn to leave. Candles scowl never leaves me even as I hop into the passengers seat of the car and wave at Salvatore.

He does not wave back at me. I let out a breath as Valentina pulls out of the car park and drives us out the Gate.

I cannot help the disappointment that settle over me. Yet even that does not compare to the pain that knocks me cold when Valentina reveals — “Candle and Salvatore are ENGAGED TO BE MARRIED. You had better steer clear of him if you value your life.”

...

THANK YOU FOR READING!
PLEASE VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.