11

“I DO NOT want to.” I respond as we head for his car. The wind blows cold but even it is not served as cold as the words I let out next through clenched teeth. “Neither do I want to die Salvatore. Do not let me bear the consequences of my fathers dark deeds.”

“We have laws Carina. Just because I am the head does not mean I am above the law.” He explains as he rubs circles over my hand which is laced into his.

He whisks me in front of him in such a manner that we are face to face. I pout as he brings cool hand to my chin and tips it so that I look at him.

He lets out a breath and concludes. “You had 2 choices and you chose death.”

“That is because I do not want to spend the rest of my life killing people like you do.” I frown.

“You do not have to kill people to be in service of me.” He informs. “And that is not what I want you for.”

“What do you want me for?” I question.

“Sex for the most part. I can give you a house and an income. Whatever it is you want.”

“I want real love and commitment Salvatore. Not whatever one-sided relationship is going on between you and Candle.” I scream — mad that I had put him under the impression that all I am for is sex.

I drop his hand before I walk off in the direction of his car. I retrieve my phone and discover that it is midnight. I have a bunch of calls and texts from Isabella and Grandma? Oh no.

“You have to take me back to my dorm.” I tell Salvatore. As I am about to call Isabella back — he takes the phone from me and cuts the call. “Give that back.”

“No.” He tells me as raises my phone to a distance and checks it from the texts to the calls. Then I watch as he factory resets my phone. “No.”

I scream and I hit him. All it does is attract the attention of some drunkards who would rather shit their pants than confront Salvatore.

He binds my arms in one hand before he looks down at me and cautions — “Behave.”

I do not want to. Give me the phone.” I scream one last time before he takes out the sim card and breaks it. Then he throws my phone to the tarred road of the car park and steps on it over and over.

“That old thing does not deserve to be called a phone.” He spits as tears pour out of me. I kneel down to pick the pieces of what is left of it as I sob and sob some more.

When I stand — I let out a breath and in a whisper tell him. “That old thing belonged to my mother. All the pictures of us were stored in there and now all of them are gone.”

He does not respond. All he does is stare at me with that same blank expression. I drop pieces of the broken phone in the bag before I open the door of his car and plead. “Just please take me home.”

With that I shut the door. After a moment — he slides into the drivers seat and all he mutters is — “Seatbelt.”

I pull on the seatbelt before he pulls out of the car park. I do not look at him. Instead I stare out the window and wonder how I even got myself into this mess.

As I wipe the tears off of my face, Salvatore throws me a box of tissue. I pull out some and fix my appearance as he swerves left. I feel a little better when I notice that he is headed in the direction of the university.

After a minute or so — we reach the university. He drives into the car park and the moment the car stops — I bolt out and ran to the dorms.

...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING.
PLEASE VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.